1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General GoLauncher ex-does it leave icon layout as is?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Beanz08, May 3, 2012.

1. Beanz08

Beanz08 Newbie
    None

Apr 7, 2012
    As per title guys, I'm interested in installing GoLauncher but ideally would like to keep my current homescreen layout, icon placement etc, and be able to fine tune it all from there.
    But if it works similar to a factory reset then I'd prefer just to give it a miss

Cheers all.

Advertisement

2. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

Aug 2, 2011
    Male
    UK
    It's fully configurable so you can make it have your current setup and layout very easily. It won't automatically port your present layout of the dock bar and home screens across when you install it, but it's very easily done.

Beanz08 likes this.
  3. Beanz08

Beanz08 Newbie
    None

Apr 7, 2012
    Ok thanks for the info.
    I'll leave it for now but daresay within a day or so I'll get bored and find myself downloading it :rolleyes:

4. SebaKL

SebaKL Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 4, 2011
    Interactive Designer/Developer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    I just like to add, there is an option under Advanced Settings - Copy Home Screen (copy other launcher icon to Go Launcher). For this, you will be asked to download small tool, DeskMigrate (188kb) , takes a second and works like charm.

I just install Go last night, and was messing around with it the whole day, had the same question as you 3 hours ago :)

It's fun and indeed damn configurable. I wonder how come, some of the obvious good features were never applied in TouchWiz. Anyway, have fun and good weekend ahead.

regards
    Seba

Russell Ng and Beanz08 like this.
  5. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert
    None

Sep 29, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur
    Nice Find. I have TW and ADW and even tried Pro Launcher.... but somehow always go back to GoLauncher. Lots of updates and amazing customization. I would prefer though that the app drawer can have multiple pages without having it to be filled up like TW. Also wish their updates won't screw up the running of the phone until you select the launcher.