• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Goldcard (MyTouch 3g)

MonthOLDpickle

Oct 24, 2009
Taiwan
So I have a SD microSD 8GB and I am failing hardcore to set up making a goldcard..I am on the part where edit the card with HxD Hex editor and to test you take out - put back in the card...no luck asks to be formatted everytime.

I don't have access to a Kingston (nor are they even SOLD locally) and don't feel like wasting 8 bucks or so on a card I won't be using after this,

recommendations?

**Got it working**

So I have a SD microSD 8GB and I am failing hardcore to set up making a goldcard..I am on the part where edit the card with HxD Hex editor and to test you take out - put back in the card...no luck asks to be formatted everytime.

I don't have access to a Kingston (nor are they even SOLD locally) and don't feel like wasting 8 bucks or so on a card I won't be using after this,

recommendations?

**Got it working**

Do you have a Mytouch 1.2, or is it the original version?

Upvote 0
I need help. i have a my tuch 3g that i bought frm tmobile and it came with 1.6donut build DMD64 i try downgrading but when it goes to hboot it reads it but then fail comes out. It says version older. Why? I created a goldcard and put the sappimg.nbh file in there and same thing unless im using the gold card wrong. What did i do wrong. The goldcard seemed to work how can i know if my goldcard is working? My pc reads it as sdcard. Help someone? By the way i have an origina MT3G White.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones