1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Goldcard question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chrisj7, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Chrisj7

Chrisj7 Newbie
    None

Apr 24, 2011
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place im new, i bought an htc inspire yesterday and am "new" in the android scene, let alone rooting and installing roms, etc and im at the first step: Creating a goldcard

It came with an 8gig sandisk microsd, and i was planning on using it to save money. Can i turn it into a goldcard? if not what card should i buy, if i can, will i be able to return it to a normal state as if it wasnt "goldcard'd" persay.

Advertisement

2. Usta

Usta Android Expert

Jul 8, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Yes, you can make a gold card out of it.
    If you partition the card, it will no longer be a gold card.

3. Chrisj7

Chrisj7 Newbie
    None

Apr 24, 2011
    By partition do you mean reformat it, i know how to partition hardrives but just wondering. and if i dont partition/reformat it can i use it like i did before, music, photos etc

4. dots

dots Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Shelby Township, MI
    Used the one that came in my inspire to make a goldcard. Worked flawlessly. In fact i haven't bothered reformating mine or partioning, etc and i can still use it as a regular sdcard.

Chrisj7 likes this.
  5. mattbe213

mattbe213 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 7, 2010
    School
    Missouri
    Yep. Just use my guide. I say that a lot. LOL. But seriously. Before you root, just format it yourself for good measure. But have the Quick Format option off of course. I do it this way and skip the option in the program to format the card because I've done it once already. And I go to the next step and go from there.

Matt

Chrisj7 likes this.
  6. Chrisj7

Chrisj7 Newbie
    None

Apr 24, 2011
    was reading your guide before you posted, good instructions, im in the process of making my goldcard atm.

Just downloaded htc sync with drivers, the gui program with firewall off, didnt have anti-virus in the first place <hardAss> and formated without quick format selected and about to make the goldcard. Thanks alot everyone. I think im going to use your guide in the comments to install cyanogen mod 7 also, looks beautiful, if you have any other suggestion please quote!