• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Goldcard Tool

I've also recently written another tool that simplifies the steps of obtaining the "Reverse CID" (that you need to enter on the PSAS website). Just search for "GoldCard Helper" on the Android Market. Basically what it does is just printing the reverse CID for all installed SD cards. You can then either copy this information to your clipboard (and then paste it on the PSAS website) or you can "share" it (and thus send it, e.g., to your own mail address).

Welcome to the forum
Ok m8 thanks for the info i will add it to the top of the thread

Upvote 0
Hey.

I created my Goldcard and debranded my Desire with no problems. The only thing is that I didn't have a spare sd card to use so I used the one out of my NDS. So after doing the flash I reformatted the sd card and stuck it back in my NDS.

Now when it comes to doing an update in the future, do I have to use the same card I used before or can I use a different one? I have ordered a 16gb to replace the 4th that's already in it so I will be using that for the goldcard instead of my NDS one.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hey.

I created my Goldcard and debranded my Desire with no problems. The only thing is that I didn't have a spare sd card to use so I used the one out of my NDS. So after doing the flash I reformatted the sd card and stuck it back in my NDS.

Now when it comes to doing an update in the future, do I have to use the same card I used before or can I use a different one? I have ordered a 16gb to replace the 4th that's already in it so I will be using that for the goldcard instead of my NDS one.

Thanks!

You can make your 16gb card a goldcard no problem, you can use any sd card to make a goldcard providing its not too small.

Upvote 0
If you are on orange & you update the radio the wifi will stop working.

If you update the radio with the goldcard in the phone the wifi continues to work, but the phone will simlock against all simcards.

Get yourself an unlock code & unlock first.

thanks for bringing this up, I was about to root and then use a custom rom but i am looking for more info on this very issue, where is the best place to get or how do i get an unlock code?

thanks

Upvote 0
thanks for bringing this up, I was about to root and then use a custom rom but i am looking for more info on this very issue, where is the best place to get or how do i get an unlock code?

thanks

If you are rooting the unlock code isn't important as Orange phones don't seem to lock using that method, its only if you use the goldcard method to debrand you get the issues.
There again if you update straight to the froyo RUU file you don't get the issue either.
To be honest though i would advise anyone to go the whole hog & root using the one click unrevoked method, this gives you more options & enables you to realize the phones full potential.

Upvote 0
ok well yeah i did some more reading up and have done mine and the mrs now, didnt need anything, updated radios first before flashing roms, i had the black one with hboot 0.83 and hers was older one with 0.75hboot did them both with unrevoked although i used a custom recovery image incase mine was the slcd screen, i wasnt sure, then i have started messing with different roms, currently running cyanogenmod 6 rc2 and it seems quite good, no faults so far, thanks :)

Upvote 0
Hi, there doesn't seem to be anything on my laptop to run the 'Goldcard tool'. Can someone recommend something to download so I can do this?

I've tried using the Unlockr guide but can't get passed the 'Installing drivers' during the 'Set up ADB'.

I really want to debrand so would appreciate some guidance. I'm not hugely techy but I can follow instructions well enough.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Upvote 0
Hi, there doesn't seem to be anything on my laptop to run the 'Goldcard tool'. Can someone recommend something to download so I can do this?

I've tried using the Unlockr guide but can't get passed the 'Installing drivers' during the 'Set up ADB'.

I really want to debrand so would appreciate some guidance. I'm not hugely techy but I can follow instructions well enough.

Thanks in advance for your help.

You have to right click & select run as administrator if you have windows vista or windows 7 to run the goldcard tool

Upvote 0
Yes Vista_x86 stands for 32 bit not sure why they use x86 to stand for 32 bit as they use x64 to stand for 64 bit it does look confusing like that.

It's not relevant to this thread but x86 refers to a 30 year old 16bit chip architecture called the 8086. Since the 32bit is just a development on that it's referred to as x86.
I know it seems strange, it's like having an ancient Peugeot 405 derivative called a x05 while the newest car has 4 cylinders so it's called an x04.
I know, I'm crap at analagies. :p

Reactions: anoniemouse
Upvote 0
It's not relevant to this thread but x86 refers to a 30 year old 16bit chip architecture called the 8086. Since the 32bit is just a development on that it's referred to as x86.
I know it seems strange, it's like having an ancient Peugeot 405 derivative called a x05 while the newest car has 4 cylinders so it's called an x04.
I know, I'm crap at analagies. :p

Just for more info on that subject

x86 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones