• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Golden Avatars

It's pure silliness and I'm afraid the explanation would be disappointing.

But you did ask ...

It was a confluence of two separate discussions. One was about asking how I changed the color of my avatar, seemingly at the drop of a hat (I use a 3D rendering program and can apply just about any material to a wire frame model). The other was just a passing comment about waiting for someone to come down off the mountain (as in taking too long to make a decision).

We'll I guess it was my fault because I made a crack about golden idols (Ten Commandments reference) and then in answer to the other discussion i demonstrated by turning my avatar gold.

Then we got silly.

Upvote 0
It's pure silliness and I'm afraid the explanation would be disappointing.

But you did ask ...

It was a confluence of two separate discussions. One was about asking how I changed the color of my avatar, seemingly at the drop of a hat (I use a 3D rendering program and can apply just about any material to a wire frame model). The other was just a passing comment about waiting for someone to come down off the mountain (as in taking too long to make a decision).

We'll I guess it was my fault because I made a crack about golden idols (Ten Commandments reference) and then in answer to the other discussion i demonstrated by turning my avatar gold.

Then we got silly.
Never seen anyone get carried away AF.
Everybody so serious.

Upvote 0
Maybe you'd prefer copper?

modcopper3.jpg

Upvote 0
@Mikestony ruined it for a lot of us though.

You get one to try and be cool and fit in with the rest of the gang, then he's all like "{Insert Mod Name Here] doesn't look gold, his looks a totally unrelated colour".

It really wound everyone up, he's such a negative nancy and 100% not a team player.

Upvote 0
@Mikestony ruined it for a lot of us though.

You get one to try and be cool and fit in with the rest of the gang, then he's all like "{Insert Mod Name Here] doesn't look gold, his looks a totally unrelated colour".

It really wound everyone up, he's such a negative nancy and 100% not a team player.
ok, I see how it is. Who peed in your wheaties?

Upvote 0
I'm too busy watching the wedding. Oh god did I really mention that?!
That's something I've told Google News "fewer stories like this" about a hundred times - it still isn't listening.

(Though it's not as bad as football stories, and at least this will end soon...)

Upvote 0
That's something I've told Google News "fewer stories like this" about a hundred times - it still isn't listening.

(Though it's not as bad as football stories, and at least this will end soon...)

FA Cup final this week, Champions league final, then the world cup, then pre season friendlies , then the premier league starts... there is a weekend in there somewhere where there isn't any football news, but i'm sure they can find something to fill it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones