• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Golden Sun for Gameboid...can't load sav but have sav file!!!

Hey guys. My gameboid emulator had been working pretty well until yesterday. About 30 hours into my golden sun 1 game, the emulator crashed. I thought, no big deal, I'll just reload.

But now when I open the rom, my sav file is gone! It wasn't a save state as I am using the lite version, but I just lost over 30 hours of gaming. On my SD card it says I have a .sav file for the game, so does that mean I still have the sav file?

Also, has anyone had any luck running golden sun 2? I'm having problems similar to what I've read, which is that it crashes after the intro. If you've gotten it to work, what rom and bios are you using?

This app is great but if it can't run any decent RPG's than maybe it's not as good as I'd hope.

One of the downsides of the demo version is that you can't save a game. That's the whole point. If you get the paid version it will allow you to save it. The developers work hard for their programs and allow you to try them out for free. You've tried it and want the perks so you need to pay for it.

Upvote 0
Game crashes once a while, I have thay happen to me too on BoF2, the difference is I have the pay version so I can just load my last manual save state. It is likely that your saved game is gone and not recoverable. You have 2 choices: one is to start a new game with the lite version, and take your chances again, or, 2, buy the full version and learn to use the manual save function to create a backup save once a while just in case( I suggest having 2 to 3 save state at all times). The choice is up to you.

Upvote 0
The actual game file IN THE GAME somehow got deleted, and I am not sure why.

You've just been told why. It's because you don't have the full version. The free one does not keep saved games after you close the app. The save function in a game will say it's saved okay WHILE you still have the emulator running, but as soon as you exit it deletes them. You need to pay for the full version if you want to be able to keep saved games.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
You've just been told why. It's because you don't have the full version. The free one does not keep saved games after you close the app. The save function in a game will say it's saved okay WHILE you still have the emulator running, but as soon as you exit it deletes them. You need to pay for the full version if you want to be able to keep saved games.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure he is referring to the battery file, which is the file created when saving within the game. While using the lite version, these files always loaded for me. The reason the file was deleted was likely because the crash cleared something in the emulator (I'm no expert, but maybe the cache was cleared, resulting in the problem).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones