• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gone From Hero to Moment.

So far I love the moment. Except for the battery life.
Download ATK (Advanced Task Killer) from market helps to kill any items running on the phone...Also another big one that helps battery life extremely which was reffered to me here in this site by CritalCritic...Is Screebl you have to purschase, but is the best investment I've made! I take my phone from the Jack at 5am until i get home ~5-5:30pm, most of the time my battery life is around 40-50% and that's decent use thru the day...check it out!:eek:

Upvote 0
Download ATK (Advanced Task Killer) from market...

Bad. No no no. *slap on the wrist*

I don't use ATK anymore, and I'm getting more battery life out of my phone... easily lasts one day and into the next w/o it. I say just let the operating system handle the applications, and you just pay no mind to it. No harm, no foul. Also, using a task killer can actually shorten the life by forcing the phone to re-open closed applications every time you close them.

Upvote 0
bad. No no no. *slap on the wrist*

i don't use atk anymore, and i'm getting more battery life out of my phone... Easily lasts one day and into the next w/o it. I say just let the operating system handle the applications, and you just pay no mind to it. No harm, no foul. Also, using a task killer can actually shorten the life by forcing the phone to re-open closed applications every time you close them.

+100

Upvote 0
I'm still new to Android. I had the Hero for 2 weeks and although I loved Sense UI, i needed a better keyboard. I am now using a Moment.

I have had the Hero for about 2 weeks also... I love the phone. And I am praying that I get used to the virtual keyboard. I am assimilating, but my hands actually hurt because on the virt keyboard you cannot "rest" like you can on a real keyboard. And I type sooooo many wrong letters it take 10 times longer to text anyone.

So, tell me, is there anything about the Hero you are missing now that you switched? Anything you are saying, "Dang, wish the Moment did that!"? Apps, batter life, sound, etc. (I know the Moment is thicker, but that doesn't concern me. I just want to know how it is different inside.)

Are the apps all the same? (I use Sprint btw) I was almost about to trade for a Moment, then said.... No, I should be able to get used to this keyboard. I should be able to make the Hero work. So I kept the Hero. But I still wonder, maybe the Moment would be better just for the keyboard.....

Upvote 0
I have had the Hero for about 2 weeks also... I love the phone. And I am praying that I get used to the virtual keyboard. I am assimilating, but my hands actually hurt because on the virt keyboard you cannot "rest" like you can on a real keyboard. And I type sooooo many wrong letters it take 10 times longer to text anyone.

So, tell me, is there anything about the Hero you are missing now that you switched? Anything you are saying, "Dang, wish the Moment did that!"? Apps, batter life, sound, etc. (I know the Moment is thicker, but that doesn't concern me. I just want to know how it is different inside.)

Are the apps all the same? (I use Sprint btw) I was almost about to trade for a Moment, then said.... No, I should be able to get used to this keyboard. I should be able to make the Hero work. So I kept the Hero. But I still wonder, maybe the Moment would be better just for the keyboard.....

Sense UI and the HTC logo is really all the Hero has over the Moment IMO anyway. The hacking scene for HTC Devices are far greater than that of samsung which makes the hero a good device to fool around with, not to say the moment isn't as well. If anyone ever gets around to porting sense UI to the moment then it will be a damn good device because lets face it sense ui just is slick, not just eye candy but the pure functionality of it.
But i'm pretty sure most of us moment users wont care about sense UI once 2.1 hits...when ever that is. I'm personally looking forward to the HTC supersonic tho it has no keyboard I will consider getting it just for the xda scene, personal choice of course.

I say get the moment if the virtual keyboard just isn't cutting it for you. if sense is a big deal to you i'm sure someone hopefully will port it one of these days. The droid got it ported tho it isn't an htc device. So there is hope.

Upvote 0

I don't use ATK anymore, and I'm getting more battery life out of my phone... easily lasts one day and into the next w/o it. I say just let the operating system handle the applications, and you just pay no mind to it. No harm, no foul. Also, using a task killer can actually shorten the life by forcing the phone to re-open closed applications every time you close them.

Really...So You stopped using it? Seems like this topic has mixed reviews? So many people Rave about it how great it is? One thing I get is force close on my openhome...do you think this could be the cause? Have you used Advanced Task manager? Some say that one is better than ATK?
You know, I will uninstall today andd give it a try to see if it does run through the day... I do go in the web quite a bit thru the day...also I usually unplug my phone from the jack about 5am until I leave work at ~5pm and is at 40-50% battery life...

I have the Antivirus is that a problem?

Thanks for the support...

Upvote 0

I really miss sense ui. I love the way it integrated with facebook.

Reactions: Xandria
Upvote 0
I also went from the Hero to the Moment, now I did like the Hero's size it was light, and compact. I did have dust under my screen though :(.

One of the things I do miss about the Hero was the size and the support from the hacking community, granted we can do custom kernels on the moment, but the hero has the support from XDA.

Now the moment I do like, and with 2.1 I think it'll get even better, the processor is decent and I feel that it's being under utilized with 1.5, once 2.1 comes out it'll feel like a new phone.

and the hardware keyboard I needed, I just couldn't get used to typing with the virtual keyboard on the Hero, so I like the option of being able to use both.

Reactions: Xandria
Upvote 0
I also went from the Hero to the Moment.

One of the things I do miss about the Hero was the size and the support from the hacking community, granted we can do custom kernels on the moment, but the hero has the support from XDA.

and the hardware keyboard I needed, I just couldn't get used to typing with the virtual keyboard on the Hero, so I like the option of being able to use both.

I was thinking the same thing, about having the option of using the hardware keyboard if I wanted. I just love this Hero, tho.

Good to know about the support from XDA, as I fully intend to root soon.

Upvote 0

Hey FoodMan!,

You are absolutly correct!!! I uninstalled ATK, and lasted until I went to bed without charging! I know if is working even better today because right now I'm at 70% and been on it like crazy...What I did yesterday whe I got was I shut down, took battery out and started back just kinda to start fresh...and I'm so amazed how great the battery life is doing!!! Thanks for Tip!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones