1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Good apps for root?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dayquil, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Dayquil

Dayquil Member
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    Just a quick thread/question. What are some good apps for rooted phones? I have titanium backup, wireless tether, barnacle, terminal emulater and adfree.

Im wondering if there is a better version/app than adfree, or maybe its just not setup right, but I still have ads in Words with Friends. I know its not THAT big of a deal, I just think if the app is supposed to get rid of all the ads, it should. As far the settings, I have both boxes checked and its using 127.0.0.1

If someone has a better ad-less app, let me know, im down to try anything!

Anyways, im always taking suggestions on cool, new apps for my rooted phone as this is my first android, so its ALL new to me lol :p

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. zombie droid

zombie droid Member
    None

Jul 18, 2011
    New to droid myself so not sure how accurate this may be but, I believe the major ad blockers out there focus on adMob ads, which are google, and Words with Friends ads are proprietary from Zynga. I'd have to imagine that there really ISN'T an app out there that could block every ad...

3. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2011
    Male
    USN Vet. / Certified Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counse
    So-Cal
    I asked the same question over a month ago when I joined the Forum . Try this link and if you play AVI. files , Mobo Player works great . I am also running cache cleaner , Mini-Opera (loads fast) , The Phandroid app , Translate (I live in California) , Note everything , Stay awake widget (so I don't lose WiFi) and a few others . Try the link at the bottom , the redlaser scanner really works !

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...0-essential-noteworthy-apps-list-prevail.html .

Hope this helps ya a lil . :D