• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Good bye Thunderbolt, hello DNA!

82nd Airborne

Apr 27, 2011
New England
It was finally time to retire the old bolt. I was an day one availability owner. I hemmed and hawed between the DNA and Maxx HD, before pulling the trigger on the DNA. The choice was difficult as both phones are nice and offer plenty to the end user.

I will at some point post a comparison between the two phones so that others with the TB can make a more informed decision when they decide to upgrade.

Although it has been some time since I have posted here, I would like to thank those that gave input and advice as we all learned the nuances of the latest and greatest phone at the time.

Cheers!

82nd Airborne

Reactions: thegish71
I will at some point post a comparison between the two phones so that others with the TB can make a more informed decision when they decide to upgrade.

Just a quick update as I haven't had a day off since purchasing my DNA (nor will I till Monday).

I have easy been seeing double or more battery life of my old Thunderbolt. I have exactly the same set up on the new phone as I did the old one (well as close as I can with different OS versions). After a typical day today and yesterday, I got home with 66% and 67% battery life remaining. Here is a screen shot from today after 16 hours off the charger:

As a note, the wifi that was connected was never fully connected as I was only setting up a VPN connection.

Screenshot_2012-11-30-19-34-02.png

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones