1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Good calendar App to sync with outlook

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by robpatti12, Dec 21, 2011.

1. robpatti12

robpatti12 Newbie

Anyone have any suggestions on a calendar app that will sync with outlook or a good way to get my outlook calendar onto my nexus calendar? Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. VMN490

VMN490 Newbie

I am also interested in this. I am looking for the best and most accurate way to get Outlook 2007 calendar/contacts/email from a desktop pc onto GNex.

3. Jay3

Jay3 Android Enthusiast

The most robust, business-oriented solution is called Good Mobile Messaging. It makes your Android function sync like a Blackberry.

I have heard that a program called Touchdown is good for less robust or large-scale needs.

VMN490 likes this.
  4. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE!

For the BEST and most Accurate, go with Touchdown. Just curious, why not use stock?

5. robpatti12

robpatti12 Newbie

I tried using the stock but wasn't sure how to get from outlook to the stock calendar. I am using maildroid for email but needed a good calendar app and sync functionality. Is there a way to sync to the stock app?

6. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE!

Once you set up your Exchange Account on your phone it should automatically display on the phone's calendar.

If not:

Settings>Accounts & Sync>YOUR EXCAHNGE ACCOUNT> and make sure all is checked (Calendar/Contacts/Email).

If still not showing:
    Open up calendar, click the (3) dots and select "calendars to display".

Hope this helps.

7. Jersey Tom

Jersey Tom Android Enthusiast

+1 to the Michigan fan's suggestion. Sync'd with my Exchange server and I use the "Pure Calender" widget to display everything. Personally I put my Google, Outlook, and Tripit calenders all on there in agenda format. Pretty slick.

8. bi0nicman

bi0nicman Member

i setup 2 Exchange email accounts on using the default ICS mail app and while i loved the new mail look, the calendar wouldn't show anything. i even deleted them and tried to load them again and nothing. i use Touchdown anyway since it can do remote wipe and other neat features.

9. tjh011

tjh011 Member

I personally use Outlook for work, but dont have an Exchange server. I am coming from Blackberry too and would sync my phone with outlook manually.

10. robpatti12

robpatti12 Newbie

Thanks guys. I got it to work and everything is good. What did we do in the days without forums? Happy holidays to everyone.

11. yawdapaah

yawdapaah Android Expert

12. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE!

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews