1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

good/cheap universal bluetooth a2dp car kit?

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by John Redcorn, Jul 5, 2011.

1. John Redcorn

John Redcorn Android Enthusiast
    None

May 9, 2011
    I've had 2 bluetooth decks stolen from me and am really missing them, I've put my stock deck back in and pretty much given up on ever owning a nice deck again in this city.

I have an htc inspire phone and use subsonic and tinyshark to play music.

I'm looking for something that will receive stereo music that I can plug in to my aux-in on the factory deck. Music is the main thing but I'd also like a remote mount mic for calls.

There's a million of these no name chinese maker ones super cheap on ebay and dealextreme type sites and a million more name brand ones for like $150. What's cheap and works good?

questions:

My BT decks I had, (a cheap-midrange sony and a mid-midrange kenwood) I only ever used with my blackjack II winmo phone. They would do calls like you'd expect fine but music was real choppy, 56kbps-mp3-sounding. Deck and phone were both definitely in a2dp stereo mode, i read somewhere that BT a2dp devices will sound bad if they don't have some compatible protocols, they use a default one. I definitely want something that will be good full range sound quality for music.

And one other important thing I want to hardwire this in so it will get shut off with the key. Is that ok to do? will it keep all the settings?

Advertisement