• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Good Enterprise App

Interesting... so has anyone used "Good for Enterprise" on android? I don't have a whole lot of choice in what they are deploying at my work... I'm just looking for what others think about it. The info on their website looks pretty cool in that it crosses a number of platforms.... iPhone, Android, Palm...

Seems like a blackberry killer to me.

Upvote 0
i've just commisioned a trial of the Good enterprise solution, after the months trial over ios win6x and android it's been seen as an almost universal "Good" move. some limitations, iOS devices are totally configurable down to whitelisting apps and blocking the store. Android devices are somewhat less helpful in that they run the Good app just fine but Android devices can't be configured to whitelist or black list apps, although as on iOS you can force a remote device wipe. Policies for PINs complex passwords, timeouts for exchange are all there though. Win6x devices need to have good installed directly after a factory reset on the devices, although iOS and Android can download the app from the relevant stores.

Basically the trial has been positive and were now purchasing the full solution. just as well it's a nice system as it's the only CESG approved software solution as far as i'm aware.

Upvote 0
Can someone provide some details on the interface?

Does the email and calender integrate with the phones default email/calendar? Or is everything housed within it's own application? For instance, if I have a meeting scheduled on my Outlook and get a request on my Google calendar, will they be aware of each other?

Also, do you have to enter the password every time you use it or everytime the phone boots, or some other interval?

Just curious about these things, I would like to get this but if it is tedious to use I can live with GoogleSync

Upvote 0
Can someone provide some details on the interface?

Does the email and calender integrate with the phones default email/calendar? Or is everything housed within it's own application? For instance, if I have a meeting scheduled on my Outlook and get a request on my Google calendar, will they be aware of each other?

Also, do you have to enter the password every time you use it or everytime the phone boots, or some other interval?

Just curious about these things, I would like to get this but if it is tedious to use I can live with GoogleSync

The email and calendar via Good is all its own app. Your "google calendar" will be unaware of your exchange contacts, unless you setup google sync (or continue to use it)

I'm not 100% of all the available options; but the way we use it, password entry is required at app launch. It has an in-activity time out which can be set from 1-15 mins

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones