• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Good Evening

This is one of 2 things, the charging cable or the port on your phone.

More likely it is the cable itself. If it is a usb type b, it will have 1 flat side with 2 tiny pins on either side. These often fail and won't make a safe connection.

So best thing to do is to try a different cable you know works. If after you have tried a new cable it still will not charge then it will be the port on the phone, which would need to be fixed under warranty.

Reactions: lintonterri72
Upvote 0
Definitely love your answer because I have been going crazy trying to figure out exactly what causes things like this to happen and when I went into the store and spoke to someone they told me that this is a common problem with the ZTE Blade Z Max phones so he also gave me someone who isn't too far from our location who fixes phones so I guess I'll take it up to him tomorrow

Upvote 0
Please do try a new cable first, far cheaper option and better for your phone if it does not have to be opened up.
wink.png

You have a type-c connector on your phone which is the new type of connectors and are generally much better than the old type.

So try a new cable first and then hit the repair centre.
cool.png

I went to a place where they sell the type-c and it wouldn't even take a charge whatsoever and the guy looked at it and took it to his boss and they said I needed to get a hold of MetroPCS and have them send me a replacement phone 😭 I will hold onto this one until tomorrow

Reactions: JAy3001
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones