1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Good Evening

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Full Moon, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Full Moon

Full Moon Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    Canada
    Good evening! Last week I got my first smart phone, a Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate, and I am loving it. I've spent my spare time in the better part of the last week playing with the phone, trying out various apps, and looking up information.

I always went with a basic cell phone before, as I used it strictly for emergencies. I opted for the smart phone this time around as I've often thought how useful a camera phone would be, and I can't count the number of times in the last couple of years I found myself wishing I had internet on the phone. I've been highly amused to find that I've gotten more use out of this phone in less than a week than I did out of my basic old phone in the last couple of years. :)

As I've searched around looking for answers to a few questions, I've found the most consistent source of useful information to be this forum, so I decided to join. I'm looking forward to learning more about the whole android experience here, and I am now heading out to search the forums for information on a couple of questions I've come up with today. Many thanks for the bits and bobs of information I've already picked up from the good people here. Have a lovely night, everyone!

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to Android Forums, Full Moon.

Samsung Fascinate - Android Forums would be the best place for you to start your quest for useful tips. Phones can be very specific at times, but that doesn't mean there's not a whole lot of good stuff in the rest of the forums. Happy hunting.

3. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Work to live, not the other way round!!
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    Welcome!!

4. Full Moon

Full Moon Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    Canada
    Thank you both!

5. Figleaf

Figleaf Member
    None

Mar 1, 2011
    domestic engineer
    over there
    hi there, i'm a newbie too. you'll have hours of fun with your new smart phone. i used to call my old phone "my brick" , it did nothing except make a call/ take a call/ text etc. these new phones are unreal!!! but maybe thats because i'm so old that i'm just excited by how far technology has come:D anyway.....welcome:)