1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Good for Enterprise?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by maltexx, Jan 13, 2012.

1. maltexx

maltexx Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    Has anyone tried to use Good for Enterprise on the Rezound?

I know that the Good website doesn't list the Rezound as a supported device, but I was hoping that it would work anyway.

Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement

2. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None
    I use mine for work email as well as for our Helpdesk solutions. How dynamic are you wanting the phone to be in regards to an enterprise solution? I use it to maintain our email server "there's an app for that", and while I haven't tried to use it for remote desktop (I don't think there's a phone in the market that would be robust enough for me to comfortably remote into any computer) I find it serves me well enough via our Exchange servers, and for pulling down documents via email. What exact solutions are you looking for? MS Office integration, web chatting with clients, document manipulation?

3. maltexx

maltexx Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2012
    I think my company only uses the application for email and calendar (we still use Lotus Notes as the email client). I don't think they use it for any of the really fancy stuff.

I just was worried about buying the phone and then not being able to run the application to access my company email account since Good doesn't list the Rezound as a "supported device".

4. AedansDad

AedansDad Lurker
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    Yes, the Good for Enterprise app works just fine on the Rezound. I have used it for several weeks now without any issues.

5. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 4, 2011
    Alternative to good is Touchdown(we use it here)

@TxGoat PocketCloud is great. I use it for RDP all the time. Works even better from a tablet.

6. ashmostro

ashmostro Member
    None

Jan 29, 2011
    I was using GOOD successfully on my rezound, until I temp rooted it to remove bloat, and then rebooted and for some reason GOOD detected that there was an "out of compliance" issue and stopped working. I figured maybe bc I temp rooted while good was installed, so I removed GOOD, reinstalled it, re-provisioned it... and then while it was downloading services the same error message popped up stating GOOD detected the device was out of compliance and wiped itself.

I don't get why GOOD would do this since the device is immediately not rooted after you reboot.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Tags: