1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

good hard cases for the Ally?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by falkner09, Feb 5, 2011.

1. falkner09

falkner09 Member

I had a cheap case i got from a mall kiosk but it broke. Ive had a soft case from a verizon store for a couple days but it sticks to my pocket lining too much so im looking for a smoother case that wont catch. Any recommendations for somewhere to get a good one?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. I have the Body Glove case and I'm fond of it. The rubber isn't smooth, but I've never had a problem getting it in and out of my pocket. It does add a fair bit of bulk to the phone though, so it might not work for what you're looking for. It is very high quality though, and has sustained the phone through some rough drops and scuffs.

3. falkner09

falkner09 Member

Yeah i saw the body glove one, but i had it for my olg lg voyager and the outer layer kept coming off gradually. It did last a while though. I might give it a try when im back at the store tomorrow to return the one i got.

4. ludeawakening

ludeawakening Android Enthusiast

I use the OtterBox commuter series. It is probably the best case made. It surprisingly doesn't add that much size to the phone.

5. GRZLA

GRZLA Android Enthusiast

+1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pricey, but you'll never have to buy another case again.

6. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Android Enthusiast

I got this case from Amazon, it doesn't add too much bulk. And it slides out of my pockets pretty easily. It has survived a couple of nasty falls, and my phone is still fine.

EDIT: Hmm...I got it for 5$, the price went up to 15$ :( But you get a nice holster too :)

7. xbrad75

xbrad75 Member

I got the red case that you can buy in Verizon Wireless for $20 bucks.

It adds no bulk to my phone, and it doesn't grip my pockets because it's not rubber (I've had that problem before and I hated it).

It's very tightly wrapped around my phone and it made my phone feel brand new when I snapped the case back on. I definitely recommend it.

Amazon.com: GTMax Red Rubber Hard Snap On Crystal Cover Case for Verizon LG Ally VS740 CDMA Cell Phone: Cell Phones & Accessories

[​IMG]

For some reason, this link says it's rubber. Unless it's wrong or something like that, mine is not rubber. But it's the only one I could find like mine on Amazon.

8. johnson90512

johnson90512 Newbie

I have to otterbox case stated above, and while it can be a bitch the first time to take off, its the best case. I had it slide off the dash of my jeep with the doors off at 35 mph around a curve, and it hit the ground rolled and bounced for a good distance, and When I found it laying in the dew soaked grass, it had a couple scratches, but the phones works perfectly :)

9. Viper05

Viper05 Well-Known Member

Not trying to jack the thread, but I too was looking for a good case. My problem, was I really wanted to get an extended batter from Verizon for my Ally. I apparently text way too much :rolleyes: Are there any cases that will fit the extended battery, or no? The other idea I had was getting an extra battery and a stand alone charger, but then I'd have to take the cover off to change the batteries which would get to be a pain.

10. dautley

dautley Android Expert

LG Ally Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews