1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Good Juice Defender Tutorial

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mistermojorizi, Jan 5, 2012.

1. mistermojorizi

mistermojorizi Android Enthusiast

Oct 26, 2011
    Here's a good post I found. I take no credit for this. You can click the little arrow next to the OP's name in the quote to be taken to the original post.

i'm personally giving juice defender another shot. I was consistently getting 20 hours or more with it and now I'm getting 10 to 12 hours with 4 hours of screen time. Since I am awake for about 18 hours of the day, this is not acceptable.

Advertisement

bird jam, mogelijk, girlscout and 2 others like this.
  2. Helicrewchief

Helicrewchief Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 30, 2010
    Blackhawk Crewchief
    North Carolina
    Have you tried this with the settings he recommends? I hate how google has a 15 minute return time. Things like this need at least a day or 2. It will take 15 minutes to set it up. Anyway would you recommend buying it?

3. Lohung

Lohung Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    i would recommend buy JD.. i bought the ultimate and it idled for over 10 hours and didnt leave drop even 2% power. its a fierce program... i did my own custom profile but i will check the one out above. take the time to read about all the features on their website and you will be really surprised what you get...

Helicrewchief likes this.
  4. mistermojorizi

mistermojorizi Android Enthusiast

Oct 26, 2011
    you should try the free version first. The downside to using JD is that data isn't ready to go as soon as you awake the phone, which means no google voice commands. Also your syncs don't happen in real time, but rather on schedule. I am using his settings now, I had used similar settings before and had mixed results. I'm gonna give it a bit of time to settle down before making a conclusion. I am traveling this week, so my battery is all over the place.

5. snapcase

snapcase Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 3, 2009
    I was extremely skeptical of Juice Defender initially. But after using it and playing around with it, the battery can last a LONG time... provided it's just idle in my pocket. In the long run, it's more than worth it.

Thanks for posting that tutorial.

6. jonny772

jonny772 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 20, 2010
    This may be a dumb question, but is the main idea of juice defender to automate all the connections that use battery? On my incredible I just used to turn on data when I needed it and off when I didn't, does not really bother me. Same with bluetooth and the rest. Or am I just doing too much work? thanks.

7. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Android Expert
    None

Jan 9, 2010
    Restaurant Owner and Chef
    Denver

In a way . Based on what you're doing now I think juice defender would be a solid app for you to make your life a little easier

8. streetfish

streetfish Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 18, 2011
    The Dirty
    just bought juicedefender ultimate. aside form the toggle widget, is there any way to tell juice defender to always enable mobile data when connected to wifi. I have noticed i get great battery on wifi so would rather just leave it always on. its when im at work on 3g/4g that my battery life suffers and I want juicedefender to work.

9. Shockwave78

Shockwave78 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 16, 2011
    HVAC
    NH
    As coming here to ask this exact question. I bought the ultimate version last night but disabled it halfway though my day today. The nexus is pretty Slow to reconnect to networks so I am not sure could live with it toggling off data all the time. I literally check my phone every 10 - 15 it seems.

I tried th above settings and will try it again tomorrow

10. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #
    None

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    I tried the free version for the first time ever a few days ago and not sure if its related but I randomly started getting two identical texts from the same person. Never happened before then and hasn't happened since I uninstalled this afternoon.

11. streetfish

None

Dec 18, 2011
    The Dirty
    to answer my own question, i figured it out. use balanced profile, and then select 'customize'. on the settings tab that pops up, enable location so that JD automatically detects when you are in range to your home wifi. then select your wifi network and click options, and then hit 'keep enabled'

this keeps you connected to wifi all the time when you are at home. you can add additional wifi points as well as you need them.

Sandroidfan likes this.
  12. streetfish

None

Dec 18, 2011
    The Dirty
    yeah, you kind of have to let jd do its thing and check data itself. you can increase the frequency to every 5 min, at the cost of battery power. JD wont help much if you are constantly checking your phone all the time, but I have noticed that it seems to connect faster to 3g than 4g so you might want to try enabling cdma only and seeing if it helps in your case.

13. paroots

paroots Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 5, 2012
    Male
    Retired
    Florida
    I just purchased JD Ultimate and also setup the parameters per mistermetaphor original posting. I wonder how you made out with those settings? Have you made changes? If so, what changes can you recommend?

BTW, JD offers a 1 week money back guarantee. It's one of the reasons I purchased it over Green Power and 2X Battery.
    Pete

14. girlscout

girlscout Lurker
    None

Jun 23, 2013
    THANK YOU SO MUCH for the detailed tutorial. I was so confused about how to set up JD Ultimate, I had no idea which settings would be the best for preserving battery life. Thanks to you, I am already at 2.13 times the battery life I had before. I would've wasted $4.99 on an app that I couldn't figure out without your help. :)

Tags: