1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Good Launchers for HTC ONE X

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by romeo1976, Apr 18, 2012.

1. romeo1976

romeo1976 Member

i m in the process of trying out the launchers for home screen.
    I notice there are like heaps and heaps of launchers available at this stage.

Can ppl that has used them before, and used them with one x, share their experiences.
    Like which one is bad and or hog resources or which one blends very well with one x, etc etc.

Also is it ok to install multiple launchers at once? what are the pros and cons of doing so?

Please advise or discuss!
    Thank you~

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. blacktea

blacktea Member

Apex Launcher is pretty good, works really well on the One X, sometimes even faster than the Sense 4.0 launcher. The launcher takes away all the HTC widgets though, so the usual calendar, friend stream, or weather.. etc will be gone.

One problem I've noticed with launchers on the One X, is that the menu button will appear at the bottom of the screen, taking away around 1/10 of what the screen is capable of fitting. This is due to HTC's decision to take away the Menu capacitive button and replace it with a multi-task button. So popular launchers such as Go Launcher won't take advantage of the whole screen, which is a bummer. I've found somewhere that a root of the device and some tweaks can fix this, though.

romeo1976 and JasonC like this.
  3. romeo1976

romeo1976 Member

thanks for this, i must try it out later.

another site also recommeded apex :)

there are so many out there its confusing!

4. shinigamikris

shinigamikris Newbie

I've tried Nova and Apex with Apex coming out the winner, nice slick and modern looking where as Nova just kinda looked old and clunky, wish I could get my htc widgets such as tasks, calendar etc, then it would be perfect :)

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews