1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Good LG L70 replacment?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tweakforce_LG, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Tweakforce_LG

Tweakforce_LG Android Enthusiast

So im thinking of replacing my l70 soon and dont have lots of money. Is this huawei Y6 faster and better than the l70? Thinking of replacing l70 as headphone port been broken for almost 2 years. http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Huawei-Y6_id9708

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. LitrosNub

LitrosNub Android Expert

tbh you can buy a G2 on ebay refurbished for like $130 and that hits the ball out the park with that price.

3. Tweakforce_LG

Id prefer a new phone but ok

4. vm03

vm03 Android Expert

I think 1Gb Ram is small for new phone in 2016.

5. LitrosNub

LitrosNub Android Expert

I know right! Budget phones should be getting better as time goes on but they aren't.

6. Orionhilles

Orionhilles Well-Known Member

What about Huawei P8 Lite?

7. vm03

vm03 Android Expert

1. HiSilicon Kirin == No custom ROM's
    2. Mali-450 i think slow
    3. all another hw looks good
    PS: All it IMHO

8. Relyt2012

Relyt2012 Android Enthusiast

I know its not exactly what your looking for, however you can score a zte zmax 2 for around $150 ish. Or get a honor 5x $200

9. N Charlie

N Charlie Newbie

What about the
    Leno-rola (Motorola) Moto G Turbo Edition is a good "mid range" and have good updates
    Or the LG G3 in amazon have a good price of.... 230 dollars and this phone have a update to MM 6.0 . Check this phone.

Edit:
    Take a Look

#9 N Charlie, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  10. titeuf15

titeuf15 Member

Hello friends.
    I have exchanged my L70 (CM13) for LG magna ... I sincerely regret: no Custom Rom for magna (MTK6582) ...
    If you find something for a custom rom let me know.

11. N Charlie

N Charlie Newbie

I think... Mediatek don't have a Custom ROMs, Sorry

#11 N Charlie, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  12. Tweakforce_LG

Cant exchange it with a blown headphone amp

13. Tweakforce_LG

I was going for a p8 lite but no custom roms, i cant live without cm12.1 hell no aint gonna get that anymour

Orionhilles likes this.
  14. Tweakforce_LG

Ok i found a second hand g2 with a new battery for $118 usd. But its the ls980 variant (sprint) witch isnt supported by official cm13, but is on cm12. There is a few cm13 based roms that work on it but i dont think any like vo03's pure cm13. Any ideas, is it worth it

15. LitrosNub

LitrosNub Android Expert

LS and VS (Sprint and Verizon) models are CDMA are usually aren't supported in the G2 since there are issues plaguing it like battery drain and no carrier signals. If your going to get one. Get an D801 (T-Mobile), D800 (AT&T), or D802 (International). It depends which service you use.

You can find out which is best with your carrier at http://www.willmyphonework.net/

As for CM13, you can download the latest versions at https://download.cyanogenmod.org/

It's same as CM13 for the L70. I think some different bugs but it's the same thing. Currently running it with a D800.

If you do buy a G2. PM me and I can help you get setup with this device. As it's a little more tough as per say the L70. Where you just root and rom and your good.

16. Tweakforce_LG

The only d801 going is for $70 but i would have to unlock it and replace the screen with one supplied with it (scratched replacements screen). Are you sure the sprint one will never get official cm13 as there is a cm13 based rom for it but not pure :(. Also its unlocked and cdma works in NZ i think so [emoji14] its at a really good deal, what do you mean its plagued with problems, the battery was recently replaced the seller stated.

17. Tweakforce_LG

Also just found a d802 second hand but my only worry about phones of this age is battery failure and the g2 has non user replaceable battery

18. LitrosNub

LitrosNub Android Expert

The battery is non-replaceable but imo its pretty easy to replace. For some reason they decided to take off the removeable back but it's easy as hell to take off with minimal effort.

19. Kibaikasu

Kibaikasu Member

20. Tweakforce_LG

I found a d801 32gb for $225 [emoji14]. Too bad the cdma one was not viable

21. Tweakforce_LG

The worry with that is where to find a genuine non 3rd party battery to replace it with thats of decent safty

22. Kibaikasu

Kibaikasu Member

The only place that would guarantee that would be LG themselves, as the G2 battery is non-removable. It's doubtful that the warranty is still valid, but I'm sure they can replace the battery at cost + shipping.

23. santoslag

santoslag Member

sorry

#23 santoslag, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  24. LitrosNub

LitrosNub Android Expert

I heard that 100% REAL batteries are at E Trade Supply, but the shipping cost is what kills everything about that place.

@Mods, why is saying that blocked?

25. Tweakforce_LG

Are 3rd party ones as long as they arnt dirt cheap generally ok

LG L70 Forum

The LG L70 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 200 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews