• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Good Lord 130 Dollars More For 1yr Contract

D

Deleted User

Was just pondering to see how much this thing would be if i ordered it through VZW online

2yr = 299 - 100 instant - 100 NE2 = 99

1yr = 329 - 100 instant = 229 ( dumb you don't get then NE2 discount unless you sign another 2yr contract, i thought the credit was earned since i had already had this phone for 2 years and that if i signed a 1yr contract i just wouldn't get the discount next go round)

I know it's only 30 bucks more than i expected (199) , but would it be cheaper on a 1 yr @ VZ store?

For me it was 70 more. But that equals out to paying for 1 extra month of service versus paying for another 11 months of service. At least you'll be able to swap out of phones faster. I think it was worth the extra for those two things.

Total with taxes it is 245 dollars for me for the 1yr upgrade, would have been about 110 probably for a 2yr so paid about 135 dollars more total for the 1yr.

Hopefully i dont regret this, i wasn't going to order but there seems to be some positive reviews hitting the boards now from users, and the phone that i have not literally doesnt work for anything but texting and even that can be quirky sometimes. Hopefully i wont have to return it within the 30 days and end up liking it. I'm sure i will as long as the GPS works out.

Upvote 0
Total with taxes it is 245 dollars for me for the 1yr upgrade, would have been about 110 probably for a 2yr so paid about 135 dollars more total for the 1yr.

Hopefully i dont regret this, i wasn't going to order but there seems to be some positive reviews hitting the boards now from users, and the phone that i have not literally doesnt work for anything but texting and even that can be quirky sometimes. Hopefully i wont have to return it within the 30 days and end up liking it. I'm sure i will as long as the GPS works out.

I don't think I can ever have a non super Amoled screen ever again. I think you will be quite pleased. I'm waiting for mine to come now but I love my Epic. I really hate to lose the physical keyboard but I need a good solid signal.

One year will be worth it unless you think you'll be happy holding it for 2 years. I know there are a lot of super phones coming out next year but I needed a phone now.

Upvote 0

I'm not sure I get this math. Isn't the phone 199.99 w/ a 2 year upgrade online, and no mail-in rebate?

How are you getting 99 for a 2 year upgrade?

Upvote 0
I don't think I can ever have a non super Amoled screen ever again. I think you will be quite pleased. I'm waiting for mine to come now but I love my Epic. I really hate to lose the physical keyboard but I need a good solid signal.

One year will be worth it unless you think you'll be happy holding it for 2 years. I know there are a lot of super phones coming out next year but I needed a phone now.

Well i figured one year would also be good in case there are some good LTE phones out by then or even maybe a Verizon iPhone. Not sure i would get it but if Apple improved it enough and added some of the features that Android has i would consider it, mainly because i have a mac and use iTunes as my primary organization software for my music, etc.

Upvote 0

Coming from a WiMo phone, it will probably take me the 2 yr. to get it working like I want!
It's always fun (tho at times frustrating) to learn to do something new.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones