• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

good Memo/notepad app with password?

chewedpup

Jul 18, 2010
I used to love my Palm software, the memo pad /notepad application because I could password protect memos and then they wouldn't even be visible if someone else got my phone. Anyone know of a good notepad/memo app that has the same? Not one that needs internet connection to use, but one that can be easily synced to my computer?

I used to love my Palm software, the memo pad /notepad application because I could password protect memos and then they wouldn't even be visible if someone else got my phone. Anyone know of a good notepad/memo app that has the same? Not one that needs internet connection to use, but one that can be easily synced to my computer?

After looking at ALL the apps out there for memo, notepad etc., and coming from the Palm Treo world where they had the GREATEST system available - I have finally found one that I love. It's called B-Folders - and this is why I like it.
a) you can make/amend/delete your notes on your computer, just like you can with Palm and the desktop manager, and then when you sync, all your notes go to your Hero.
b) you can make/amend/delete your notes on your Hero and when you sync, everything syncs nicely with your Hero
c) it's securely password protected
d) you can sync using different methods - up until now, I was unhappy because the only method I was able to use was through wifi, and I DESPERATELY wanted to be able to sync just using my Hero USB cable, attached to my computer. The wifi sync was really easy and quick - but that wasn't the point. With my Palm, I could plug it in to my computer, press a button, and everything synced. THat's what I really wanted.
e) THEY (Jointlogic) HAVE UPDATED IT like they said they would - NOW YOU CAN NOW SYNC WITH USB CABLE! So now I can connect Hero to Laptop, and sync it directly without going out through wifi. I tested it last night and it works great. Thank you Jointlogic for doing what you said you would, when you said you would.
f) Customer service - I gotta say that they are second to none. Any time I've had a question they're responded within a couple of hours. I'm impressed.
g) It is free to use on your Htc Hero. Down side is: if you want all these other capabilities, to use it on your computer and your Hero and have everything sync, then you'll do like I did and after the 30 day trial period, end up paying almost $30 for the full version. I hate hate hate paying for software - I thought this was expensive to be honest - and I usually work with what's free out there - but NONE of the other apps had what this has - password protected, the ability to sync, the ability to work ON your laptop and make notes OR work on your HERO and make notes and then make them all sync - so I figured, what the heck. If you don't want all these capabilities, B-Folders IS free to just use on your Htc HERO, but if you want to sync it to your laptop etc., then you'll have to pay for it.
g) It's NOT only for notes and things - you can add contacts too plus a host of other things.
It can be found at B-Folders for Android

I also use Astrid, which is a good To Do/List app, but I wanted something similar to how I used my Palm Treo, when I could open the desk top manager, type in notes and memos and then sync those across to my phone. B-Folders does all that and more. Apart from the price, I give it two thumbs up and say it's the best syncing/memo/notes/secure app out there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones