• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Good Morning to you all ;D

EpicMindWarp

Aug 2, 2012
London, UK
First of all, loving the forum - thank you to Google for helping me find this place!

Secondly, I currently own a Samsung Galaxy S3, had it for a week now and I've already had it exchanged for another one because it was crashing on me (but mainly because I had dropped it a few times and it was all scratched up and I frankly wanted a pristine one!)

Prior to that I was using a HTC Sensation for about 5 months, which I truly enjoyed using; and before that it was BlackBerrys. Woo.

I am disappointed with the S3 because frankly it's not as intuitive as the HTC was. Making calls is a lot longer as you have to type the name, press the button, the press the number, then press call. Whereas the HTC you type the number, press the number and the call connects straightaway!

Also on the HTC I could decide between what times I wanted my mailbox to sync - therefore the phone won't go off in the middle of the night and wake me up; can't do that on the Samsung!

It's the little things like this that annoy me heavily when it comes to phones. Yes the S3 is superfast and frankly everything works on there like a breeze (or a bat out of hell), but the lack of *advanced simple features* such as time constrained synchronisations, small dialpad so we can see ALL the contacts the letters match up, not just one at a time, and other little things that have really annoyed me about the S3.

However, as the battery life is superb, and frankly the phone CAN keep up with the hundreds of texts I get a day without lagging, I'm tempted to keep it.

(Although just this morning, a free iPhone 4S just landed on my lap and I'm tempted... never owned an iPhone before... or any sort of apple product...)

Rant over.

Thanks for listening, and I look forward to spending countless hours here ;D

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones