• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Good ole Apple LMFAO

Jobs will be telling them all soon that they are hidden SPECIAL features and having cracked glass, no signall and either yellow patches or white spots on the screen makes the new iphone even more magical :) The sad thing being people will believe him.
Dont forget that now the iphone OS is also fragmented, with older handests not fully supporting the new OS and the newly released ipad also missing out until a later date.
I used to love my 3gs, but will NEVER go back to the dark side :)

Upvote 0
To me, and this is just personal, the iPhone is just an over rated designer gimmick. Personally I've not had any problems with my Desire. The thing is just as fresh today, as when I first bought it.

I do however, know of quite a few people who have had no end of problems with their iPhones. Even when I was in the Vodaphone store, a guy came in who's iPhone had died after just two weeks.

You couldn't pay me to have one of those over rated piece of designer crap.

Andy

Upvote 0
isn't the antenna in the same position for the desire i.e bottom of the phone? it's not a biiig problem but i have noticed that the availability of H and less faster signals can actually depend on how I hold my phone in my area/house!

for example if i cup it as you would do and clasp firmly around the bottom of the phone, my mobile internet connection does actually seem to be affected.

outside in the open no problem but inside buildings (with walls, various obstacles etc) it actually matters..

Upvote 0
From CNET:

Using an accessory, like the $29 rubber bumper Apple sells to protect the iPhone, would also break your skin's conductivity and eliminate the problem. Apple has been pushing its bumper--essentially a $30 rubber band--pretty hard, which makes us wonder if the company's marketing strategy is a cover-up for a known reception issue.

Dodgy sods.

Upvote 0
isn't the antenna in the same position for the desire i.e bottom of the phone? it's not a biiig problem but i have noticed that the availability of H and less faster signals can actually depend on how I hold my phone in my area/house!

Yep, my Nexus is built the same way. But--it's never dropped call, and I hold my phone left-handed. The difference seems to be that with the iLol 4, calls will drop if you just hold the bottom-left corner; with the Nexus, you need to cup the whole bottom, which is a pretty unnatural way of holding the phone to me.

Upvote 0
Agreed, its all about the design. I don't even like the look of them.to ber honest. I feel the same.about all apple products. Actually the air book looked cool but shame they were poor and over priced too

Couldn't agree more.

Ever since the very first iMac came out, apple has always gone for the minimalist designer look. Its the main thing that brought Apple to the consumer forefront. Instead of being for the graphics, and designer elite. And I do agree that they have had some amazing innovations, like the iPod.

But there's a thin line between minimalist, and just plain dull.

I've always found the iPhone to be a very dull, boring design.

Andy

Upvote 0

for example if i cup it as you would do and clasp firmly around the bottom of the phone, my mobile internet connection does actually seem to be affected.

outside in the open no problem but inside buildings (with walls, various obstacles etc) it actually matters..

It's a problem for most manufacturers of modern phones. Antennas have been moved to the bottom (largely to move direct exposure to the head) - which also helps provide space for more camera gubbins.

The issue only seems to be affecting a few people - it's just that the web loves FUD. It's certainly not a good bit of publicity, although I'm sure it'll be forgotten soon enough (like the Nexus screen breaking, the Evo screen coming away from the housing, the Palm Pre having sharp edges, the Desire having outdoor screen issues, Sprint bullshitting about it's sales figures of the EVO and then having to admit it).

I often wonder how some people would react if an Android device was ever as popular as this, and had folks queueing around the block for it. Would that be good or bad? Personally I think it's great to see people getting this excited about tech - just like they did with the Droid, and will with the Droid x.

Upvote 0
Personally, I like to overlap my phones so I can get a balanced view. I bought the Desire while still using the 3gs. I'll probably get the iPhone 4 while I have the Desire.

I do that with all my handsets. I have no doubt that I will be impressed with the design of the iPhone 4, but I also know that it'll offer little more than my 3gs did. Having said that, it was the same from Hero to Desire. I also know I won't have an issue with the Antenna, as I just don't hold a phone like that - just as I know I won't have the well publicised battery issues on my Desire, as I understand that useage=battery drain (go figure).

I'm really excited for the Droid x, and for FroYo - I'm also excited to see what Mr Duarte can do with the UI - although the Desire will be long forgotten by then!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones