1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Good podcast player?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Zcherub, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Zcherub

Zcherub Member
    None

Jul 27, 2013
    I'm using OneCast to keep track of my new podcasts, but it seems it can only streampodcasts. I prefer to download & pattern so as not to use data.

The issue I have w/ Play Music app is that it randomly disconnects from my paired Bluetooth headphones when I open the app (even if it's already playing the podcast through them!). I'd just like a player that behaves a little more consistently/intuitively... Any suggestions (I guess this could go for music players too)...

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Mateus109

Mateus109 Newbie
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    Try Smart Podcast - it's basic but is actually very good (and free!).

3. DanPLC

DanPLC Member
    None

Sep 11, 2012
    Give Music Player (Remix) a try. I developed the app with music in mind, but it has a lot of features that are great for long-format audio files (like podcasts) including manual bookmarks with visual cues on the scrubber bar, automatic bookmarks saved in every audio file, fine-tuned controls (5/30/60 second skipping), and the swipe-up mini-player accessible within any other app where you can access your playlist, controls (with scrubber bar) and fine-tuned controls.

Android Police and PC Magazine recently posted some nice reviews:

Music Player (Remix) Puts Other Music Apps To Shame With A Laundry List Of Features And A Swipe-Up Mini Widget

Music Player (Remix) Puts Other Music Apps To Shame With A Laundry List Of Features And A Swipe-Up Mini Widget

And here's the link to the free fully-functional 14-day trial: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hedami.mprtrial

4. Italo

Italo Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 6, 2010
    Male
    Student
    Atlanta
    Check out Pocket Casts. It has options for auto downloading, and deletes podcasts once you've listened to them. It also syncs to the cloud so can pause a podcast on one device and pick it up where you left off on another.

5. JAJameson2010

JAJameson2010 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 14, 2011
    Female
    Sit at a desk all day
    Wilmington DE USA
    I use Beyond Pod and have it all stored on my SD card so it doesn't hog up phone space and can be easily transferred to other phones