• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Good rom for gaming help!!!!!

Xicor

Nov 22, 2011
Hey everyone
Just had a question and
Would like to see others opinion
To the question.
I am rooted on an HTC EVO
I haven't flashed a ROM yet because I nandroided backed up
I use to run on mik3d
I now I want to flash a ROM again

But this time I am looking for a rom
That is quick on high end games
And not laggy
I downloaded grand theft auto 3 and its
soooooooo laggy
So I would like everyone's opinion
On whig ROM is great to use
For 3D games

I kinda think a lot of the newer games are going to under perform on our beloved evo. :(
There are so many devices out with dual core a gig of RAM plus good graphics hardware. The app and game development is passing the OG evo up.
I agree with both argedion and Rxpert. An aosp Rom will slim things down and a custom kernel will allow for overclocking. Sadly there is a line where these just won't make the mustard.
I still can't believe I have to post that the beast of cell phones is becoming inadequate. :(

Upvote 0
Help!!!!!!!
Ok so I downloaded the aosp ROM
And the tiatim kernal I think thatd what it was called
I wiped and then flashed rom first
and then kernal
After i installed kernal
I rebooted and the phone never started back up
It just kept rebooting after the white htc evo screen then turn off and boot
I nandroided restore and now figuring what happend or advice PleSe

Upvote 0
I flashed aosp nighty I tinnk
running on revolutionary
i nandroid restored the recharged rom
i think it but its sooo slow
lookin for a rom rtat looks ths nice but runs really snooth
any idea guys?
and if posiiuble a good kernal for it

ok just to clear some terminology for you, revolutionary is what you used to get rooted. what you are trying to refer to is clockwork mod that is your recovery. and i would switch recoveries to amon ra. it is a much better recovery. you can get the directions from the http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...ooting-dummies-guide-gingerbread-edition.html.

also it is a good idea to know the exact name of the rom and what kind of rom it is. i now that you are new to this, but it will help us to be able to help you if you run into any issues.

i think this is the rom you are on right now, correct?[ROM][9.9.11][CPU Conf.+VOC][1.2ghz] EVOlvedROM r3chargeD Final "Can't Stop Me Now" - xda-developers. and if so that is a sense rom.

and as far as roms go are you looking for aosp or sense?

for aosp i would try xplod rom(there is a sense version to), cm7 and deck's

for sense i would try mikg. mik3d, and tommytomatao's classic evo rom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones