1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Good to Root a phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AtrixHD, Aug 8, 2012.

1. AtrixHD

AtrixHD Lurker

I installed Avast Mobile Security on my Atrix HD and you have to root the phone to use the firewall. Is this something I should do and what exactly does rooting mean? Is it safe to root a phone?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love

Welcome to Android Forums, AtrixHD!

I have moved this thread into the "all things root" section of this forum, in hopes that the folks who know rooting best will see this thread, and post their informative tips to help.:)

You will find some info on rooting in the "root guide" posted at the top of this forum.

AtrixHD likes this.
  3. mattlgroff

mattlgroff Lurker

The info he is looking for.. is that its not rooted yet. It's a little weird to have a guide to say that lol

4. AtrixHD

AtrixHD Lurker

So should I do what Avast wants me to do and root my Atrix HD so I can use the firewall or should I leave it like it is? Will rooting void my warranty or anything like that?

5. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

Rooting does void your warranty. I personally don't know the process for rooting your phone. Some phones are easier to root than others.

It is definitely not a requirement to root your phone and avast will provide with more protection than necessary even without root access.

damewolf13 and AtrixHD like this.
  6. AtrixHD

AtrixHD Lurker

OK Thanks for the reply. It only requires rooting to use the Avast Fire Wall so If I don't need that I wont worry about it. Thanks again!!

7. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love

Mattlgroff, if someone is asking questions about rooting, whether they are rooted or not, it seems to me that the best place to become informed about rooting would be from the rooting section of the forum.:)

Motorola Atrix HD Forum

The Motorola Atrix HD release date was July 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1780mAh battery.

July 2012
Release Date
Reviews