1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Good video clip for showing off?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gsxr150, Sep 19, 2011.

1. gsxr150

gsxr150 Well-Known Member

Hey, can anyone point me to a good video clip to download? Like a movie preview or something that really shows off the screen? Id like something that is in hd and fills the entire screen. No letter box, ya know. I have to tease my iphone buddies a little.

Advertisement

2. gsxr150

3. unplugged1

unplugged1 Android Enthusiast

This isn't a video clip, but it's a nice movie. A little background:

In the past, you couldn't easily download to Android an included "digital copy" included in many DVD and Blu-ray discs. Only itunes and Windows media formats were supported.

Now, there is a digital copy that works on Android. It is called pocket BLU. It was included in my copy of X-MEN First Class, a 20th Century Fox release. Now, I can show people how a movie plays anytime I want.

You download the pocket BLU app from the Android Market. Pocket BLU requires a Blu-ray player connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your phone. It essentially downloads the Blu-ray disc to the phone, and takes about 20 minutes. Once downloaded, you can play it anytime.

The one negative is that it loads to your internal memory. I haven't found a way around this.

UPDATE: And oh, the movie is letterboxed.

4. gsxr150

Thank you! I had no idea you could do this.

5. gsxr150

6. gsxr150

The best I found so far is the Hubble movie clip, located last on the first post here. Can anyone find a better full screen clip? Surly I'm not the only one here who wants to show off the Super AMOLED Plus.

Droid-Optimized Movie Trailers