• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Good way to sell this safe

Vinsanity93

Android Enthusiast
Apr 8, 2010
NY
So I've had this safe since I've moved into my house because the owners before didn't want to take it with them. I need a way to sell this safe that would make me a decent amount of money.

No eBay because this safe weighs, my guess is, around 500 lbs. I would try scrap metal but I doubt I would get more than $100-$200 and I don't really used Craigslist so I'll use that as a last resort.

I have a small safe... around thirty inches tall.... in better shape than yours. I bought it at an auction across the street from my place. It was still an adventure to move the darn thing. It belonged to a doctor and when he retired... he brought it home. I paid fifty bucks for mine... I don't think they bring a premo price. If I was wanting to sell mine I"d put an ad in the local paper and if that failed I'd try craigslist. Shipping will be a killer to any buyer that can't personally move it. Hey if all else fails.. keep the darn thing. Mine makes an interesting end table conversation piece in the den. I don't have mine stuffed with dollars but they are fire rated for hours. I keep all my important papers in it and a few other basically worthless family treasures.

Reactions: Vinsanity93
Upvote 0
If you are willing to put a little work into it and restore the paint job on it, baked enamel paint or a metal powder coat would be a good look on the safe. with the lettering redone, it might get you a few extra bucks as a safe, just don't put more into the paint job than the thing is worth. More likely than not, you get more for it as scrap than as a used safe.

Craigslist and local papers are going to be your best bets. A 3x5 card type ad at the local gun shops/shooting ranges might get you a few calls. Contact a few pawn shops to see if they know anyone looking for a safe. The things weight is going to be it's worst selling point. Not something you can toss into the truck of a car and zoom off with, so right there you are going to limit the people that can even take it off you hands, unless you are willing to deliver.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones