• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Goodbye and Speed test vs Nexus 4

odojoe

Jul 12, 2011
My Triumph has just proved to be too unreliable so I bought a Nexus 4. Just test speed here in Orlando Triumph ping 161ms download 294kbs upload 282 kbs. Nexus 4 on T-Mobile ping 39ms, download 8825kbs, upload 1555kbs.

I would have left much sooner but lasted two years due to the great devs on this forum and the love they put into ROMs.

In addition the willingness of everyone to help with issues here is fantastic.

Thanks everyone! :):):)

Reactions: markzombie82
I also made the switch to the N4 on T-mobile. It's such an improvement in every way. T-mobile doesn't have the best coverage so if you're thinking about switching make sure it's available in your area.

I agree with you on the great developers we've had for the Triumph. I've had the Triumph since it came out and I don't know how much longer I could have stuck with it if it weren't for the ROMs.

Upvote 0
My Triumph has just proved to be too unreliable so I bought a Nexus 4. Just test speed here in Orlando Triumph ping 161ms download 294kbs upload 282 kbs. Nexus 4 on T-Mobile ping 39ms, download 8825kbs, upload 1555kbs.

I would have left much sooner but lasted two years due to the great devs on this forum and the love they put into ROMs.

In addition the willingness of everyone to help with issues here is fantastic.

Thanks everyone! :):):)

I also made the switch to the N4 on T-mobile. It's such an improvement in every way. T-mobile doesn't have the best coverage so if you're thinking about switching make sure it's available in your area.

I agree with you on the great developers we've had for the Triumph. I've had the Triumph since it came out and I don't know how much longer I could have stuck with it if it weren't for the ROMs.

Guess I wasn't the only one!
T-Mobile seems like it's gonna be a good choice, I'm picking up my Galaxy S4 in black tomorrow hopefully. And it's not gonna last 15 minutes stock. It's going straight on Cyanogenmod nightly's till a M or RC comes out.

Plus the speeds, everywhere I go here is HSPA+ with 7+ Mbps, on Virgin I'd get under 2 Mbps. And T-Mobile is rolling out LTE really really quickly too.

Upvote 0
I also left vigin mobile, for tmobile and the N4 from google play, and the only thing i really miss from Virgin Mobile, is the DEVS and the communities they have here for the Evo V, and Triumph.

I do have to say one thing on the other ROM forums that I have been looking at. Those guys get a ton of responces on their ROMs. Sometimes it's like the community is testing the DEVs. It might be two pages before the DEV can get back to comment, by then there are other things that need to be looked at.

At least here the rest of the community helps. It's not just a "it's broken, even though I'm restoring stuff from a ROM two generations ago".

The best I can say is this area has been special. That's probably why I haven't listed my MT yet and keep trying to make something work.

Upvote 0
I had to drop them too I went with straight talk but then found out that family mobile changed their data policies so with me working for Walmart I can get my plan for 25 a month and my nexus is still on team mobile I just got to see if I got to do anything different to hack it to four G
I would post a screeny but I got to figure out the new crap that tappatalk Is shoving down my mouth I just want the old tappatalk back its like four MBS down and 1.5 to 2 up

Upvote 0
Guess I wasn't the only one!
T-Mobile seems like it's gonna be a good choice, I'm picking up my Galaxy S4 in black tomorrow hopefully. And it's not gonna last 15 minutes stock. It's going straight on Cyanogenmod nightly's till a M or RC comes out.

Plus the speeds, everywhere I go here is HSPA+ with 7+ Mbps, on Virgin I'd get under 2 Mbps. And T-Mobile is rolling out LTE really really quickly too.

Under 2mbs ha! You had it good I stuck with them till I started seeing under 40kbs sometimes 10kbs. Sad but true. Hspa is team mobiles original 4g now lte is out but the nexus requires some hacking to get it there. I'm wondering if I should have forked out the extra cash for the gs3. But the hspa is good ass hell no buffering on even HQ YouTube. I think hspa is all you really need.
Thanks to the devs that made the mt great. You guys ROCK.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones