1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Goodbye Ascend hello Connect 4G?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Scorpion7867, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Scorpion7867

Scorpion7867 Well-Known Member

After having the Ascend for almost two years I am finally able to afford a new phone. Ive done everything with the Ascend from CM7 ( thanks Isaacj87 and PG and collaborators) to finally just running PG's Detoxed 2.2 (Thanks PG). Given all that, is the Connect 4G the best way to go with Metro? Can I expect a big improvement in performance? That was the worst thing about the Ascend, it is so *&#%@ slow! But it did get me into Android and The Androidforums, going to always love it for that. Opinions anyone?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hYpHyPuRpLe

hYpHyPuRpLe Android Enthusiast

I think you're better off waiting a couple months for a way better phone. Maybe even the Galaxy S3 ;)

3. I think going from the Ascend to the Connect is way better in so many ways.

4. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

Definitely wont be disappointed coming from the Ascend except whats available dev wise currently for it... which is slowly growing ;)

but yea better devices are on the horizon for Metro too. ;)

5. hYpHyPuRpLe

hYpHyPuRpLe Android Enthusiast

Lol sorry if I made it sound like it wouldn't be a good upgrade from the Ascend. I was just stating that possibly some better phones will be released soon

6. Scorpion7867

Scorpion7867 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for their input. @ hYpHyPuRpLe I would wait but I cant deal with the Ascend anymore. lol

7. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert

If you need an upgrade 100% worth the cost the connect is the way to go. Skip the attain, bypass the lightray and piss on the esteem. If you could handle an ascend and it's involved headaches then the easily fixed overheat and battery issues are no issue.

Oh, hit up my post under "should I buy this" for more details.

Scorpion7867 likes this.
  8. jprosek

jprosek Member

I upgraded from an ascend about 6 weeks ago and its worth every penny. I've read some things about the galaxy s3 coming out for metro in october but even if it does its prolly gonna be in the 500 or 600 dollar range. For the money and spec its really the best deal on the market right now imho

Scorpion7867 likes this.

LG Connect 4G Forum

The LG Connect 4G release date was February 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

February 2012
Release Date
Reviews