• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Goodbye Droid back to the iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
The OP has 35 Posts of pure failure stretching over two android handsets and that is just the failure he posted about. Sometimes you have to face facts he needed to go back to an an iphone.

It will be a hard choose between the 6 text messaging tones you will have available to you. You should use the clown horn sound that one always makes me laugh!

EDIT: First Post on page three! I WIN!

Upvote 0
well i tried and tried, had an eris and tried a moto droid as well for almost two months and i just finished returning the droid and placed my order for an iphone 3gs. ill stick with the iphone it looks like as i've been using one for over 3 years now, the droid just didnt cut it for me and in my area verizon isnt even 3g but at&t is surprisingly enough.

so i say goodbye, maybe by the end of this year droid will have caught up to what i need it to be, but maybe not. maybe apple will surprise us all again this june and i'll be able to update my iphone to 4.0 for free. we'll see but for now im gone.

Gotta love the "Sheep................"

Upvote 0
i didnt post any hate though. im disappointed that the droid wasnt as good as i expected it to be. but yeah if the boondocks is one hour outside of Dallas/Fort Worth metro area then yeah I guess Im in the middle of nowhere lol

i'm with this guy. he didn't post anything negative about the droid at all. sure, it's not a life changing post ... but who cares. don't read it if it's not worth reading, and furthermore, don't reply!!! some of the senior and premium members that find this thread pointless should re-read some of their own. not everything they share with the public is gold. i guess the lesson is that if you don't ask the droid to marry you, expect to get treated like a dog. you'll just be "mucking" up the forum. ....unless you're a nice looking female, then you can say, ask, or do anything you want without any consequence. by the way, you can dog the iphone all you want, but if the droid was as good the iphone, you wouldn't be rooting, overclocking, and flashing it just to make it perform almost as well. you can get defensive and flame me if you want, you can put snide replies on my posts, but it won't change the fact that some of you are just plain rude and mean to people that don't deserve it. grow up.

Upvote 0
i'm with this guy. he didn't post anything negative about the droid at all. sure, it's not a life changing post ... but who cares. don't read it if it's not worth reading, and furthermore, don't reply!!! some of the senior and premium members that find this thread pointless should re-read some of their own. not everything they share with the public is gold. i guess the lesson is that if you don't ask the droid to marry you, expect to get treated like a dog. you'll just be "mucking" up the forum. ....unless you're a nice looking female, then you can say, ask, or do anything you want without any consequence. by the way, you can dog the iphone all you want, but if the droid was as good the iphone, you wouldn't be rooting, overclocking, and flashing it just to make it perform almost as well. you can get defensive and flame me if you want, you can put snide replies on my posts, but it won't change the fact that some of you are just plain rude and mean to people that don't deserve it. grow up.

I just found 16 threads in two seconds of google search on " how do I jailbreak my iPhone so I can add more than 6 message notification tones"

Sounds like iPhone owners are jailbreaking there phones to make them almost as good as a Droid.

I LoL at you Sir!:D

Upvote 0
Didn't we just have another dude post this same kind of thing?

It's kind of like those guys on EVERY forum who have 25,000 posts a year, and twice each month post,"Well, I've had it I'm leaving!"...hoping people will talk them out of it.

On another of the OPs posts he gets rude and calls someone's answer "dumb". He talks about the slow camera, but I couldn't find anything about a bad signal.

Regardless, if you're happier with iphone then great...but posting about it when you've barely got any posts (i.e. not really contributing to the community of a forum) and you kind of know what is going to happen. It's just bad manners, regardless of how "nice" you try to say it. You're better off going to an iphone forum and letting them all know you're back.

Oh, and that zing on the battery pull comment someone made was seriously priceless.

Upvote 0
I just found 16 threads in two seconds of google search on " how do I jailbreak my iPhone so I can add more than 6 message notification tones"

Sounds like iPhone owners are jailbreaking there phones to make them almost as good as a Droid.

I LoL at you Sir!:D

lol all you want, but every time my pic gallery takes more than a minute and a half to load, my home screen lags, app drawer lags, camera takes 20 seconds to save the crappy fuzzy pic it tried to take, ... i think ..hmmm, the iphone is better in all these respects. your rebuttal is message notifications????? are you serious???? wow. i'm not sure that you have much to lol about.

let me set the record straight by expressing my love for the droid and everything it can do. pandora, nav, and slideshow at the same time. custom everything. yes, it's great. you can do plenty more with the droid, which is why i have one, but the fact remains that the iphone is smoother and more competent. hopefully future updates will fix all the issues that should not be issues. the droid should be superior in all aspects, and i hope that it will be one day.

you may want to stay off the iphone forums. if the most common complaint you were able to find was a lack of notification sounds, you might compel more droid users to switch. i would have gone with battery access, customization, or the blah screen.

lastly, the point of my previous post was not to lift up the iphone, it was to voice my opinion on people, such as yourself, who obviously feel so insecure about themselves, or their (not there) phone purchase. i find it lol-able that people feel the need to attack the iphone so fiercely. the iphone never did anything to you except make other phone carriers produce better phones. you should thank the iphone for the droid.

Upvote 0
lol all you want, but every time my pic gallery takes more than a minute and a half to load, my home screen lags, app drawer lags, camera takes 20 seconds to save the crappy fuzzy pic it tried to take, ... i think ..hmmm, the iphone is better in all these respects. your rebuttal is message notifications????? are you serious???? wow. i'm not sure that you have much to lol about.

let me set the record straight by expressing my love for the droid and everything it can do. pandora, nav, and slideshow at the same time. custom everything. yes, it's great. you can do plenty more with the droid, which is why i have one, but the fact remains that the iphone is smoother and more competent. hopefully future updates will fix all the issues that should not be issues. the droid should be superior in all aspects, and i hope that it will be one day.

you may want to stay off the iphone forums. if the most common complaint you were able to find was a lack of notification sounds, you might compel more droid users to switch. i would have gone with battery access, customization, or the blah screen.

lastly, the point of my previous post was not to lift up the iphone, it was to voice my opinion on people, such as yourself, who obviously feel so insecure about themselves, or their (not there) phone purchase. i find it lol-able that people feel the need to attack the iphone so fiercely. the iphone never did anything to you except make other phone carriers produce better phones. you should thank the iphone for the droid.

not saying it doesn't happen to you, but my pics load as fast as i scroll with the 3d gallery, my stuff rarely lags, camera does, hope they can fix it, its a nice camera, i have taken some VERY quality photos with it. sure i am rooted, but lots of people are jailbroken too

Upvote 0
lol all you want, but every time my pic gallery takes more than a minute and a half to load, my home screen lags, app drawer lags, camera takes 20 seconds to save the crappy fuzzy pic it tried to take, ... i think ..hmmm, the iphone is better in all these respects. your rebuttal is message notifications????? are you serious????

you should thank the iphone for the droid.

fail. remember back when iphoney first came out WITHOUT picture messaging? yeah we HAVE a camera, and there are things to make the camera better and you got a lemon.

nuff said. ask me how things are looking after what, 3 generations is it?!?

best part is, the best is yet to come!

BBerry is even looking more appealing now-a-days compared to iPhone. at least you can apply themes............

Upvote 0
Mods i request a close [...]

Done, but due to the replies rather than the original post.

People, all members are entitled to their views whether the majority agree with them or not. So long as those posts fall within the site rules they stand.

This thread was started almost 2 months ago and is perfectly acceptable. What's less acceptable is people posting weeks later with insults and complaints. If you're not happy with a post, either report it and let the mods deal with it as they see fit, or ignore it and move on.

Reactions: Bramsy
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones