1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Goodbye Guys

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Karmandk, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Karmandk

Karmandk Android Enthusiast

It was a great time sticking with you guys. I remember that day perfectly well. I was online at metro's website and there it was. Ah the everlasting beauty gleamed in my eyes waiting to be bought and a month after the release it lay in my hands.
    The everlasting Joy it brought was unmatched as it led for me to talk to you guys and it was very exciting waiting for an update to Hk's rom to fix SMS and 4g issues. I appreciate all the dev work and dedication that was bestowed upon this device and I hope we cross paths again.

I am now a proud owner of a nexus 5 but I will keep my motion close to heart and remember all the wonderful moments we had together.

Thank you to the community for your hard work and dedication. I hope to see you again on the other side.

DirtyDee and alfick3 like this.
  2. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert

So many of us gone ..enjoy your nexus man your story sounds like mine

Karmandk likes this.
  3. _DarkDragon_

_DarkDragon_ Well-Known Member

I know right?:(

4. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

I'll be around a couple more months, then moving on (hopefully if we get a nice enough tax return) to the Moto G forums. I'll be putting it on Metro's BYOD program.

5. GameTheory

GameTheory Android Expert

I really like the moto g. You get a whole lot for only $179 and guaranteed kitkat.

Does it have 4G? I saw somewhere that it doesn't. Was considering getting one, but I need 4G lol.

edit:
    Just checked here and doesn't seem to have 4G. Bummer. :(

6. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

GT, yeah it only has HSPA+21. Personally, I can live with speeds between 10 and 15 meg that I'll probably be able to get. Even if they are 8 to 10 meg, I'll be able to live with that.

7. Karmandk

Double the price and you got yourself a nexus 5.
    Really loving kitkat. One thing I don't like is that there are too many Roms. It was actually fun and thrilling to get a new rom for the motion but you don't get the same feeling with a nexus. The xda forums are being flooded every day so not much of a surprise there is it? Though I get amazing battery life with Franco Kernel. 1 day moderate to heavy use - 4 hrs standby time and you are left with 70% battery (so if my math is correct, that's more than 3 days on a single charge, amazing!). I really had to push the motion to squeeze every drop of juice left in it. Still missing you guys though. I'll check back here often as I still have my motion and experience the wonderful family that this community has became.

8. Karmandk

I love the moto g also but the thing is I hate waiting for devices it's some sort of psychological thing. When I ordered my nexus, the moto g was released the next week so I really didn't want to cancel my
    Order as I would have to wait longer and I'll tell you stock android really has spoiled me. :)

9. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

I'm going to like the mostly stock android on the Moto G. I was originally thinking of the N5, but the price point was just to much (even though it is less than a lot of the high end phones). The Moto G is a price that I could convince my wife that it was worth getting.

10. Karmandk

Agreed. Moto g is still an amazing phone compared to other choices.

11. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert

Moto g is quite snappy and makes my lady quite happy

12. Spdfreak34

Spdfreak34 Android Enthusiast

I must admit I'm a little surprised that more people aren't getting the moto x. It's at the top of a very short list for when I replace my phone next.

13. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert

The price...

alfick3 likes this.
  14. Karmandk

The moto x is overpriced for what it brings to the table and it's not quite as snappy as other devices.

15. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert

As a moto g user I think it is priced well just out my bracket

16. Karmandk

I agree I was talking about the moto x. :)

17. Swainsmith82

Swainsmith82 Android Expert

What carrier are you on with that Nexus?

18. Karmandk

Tmobile because I save 30 bucks each month than metro.

19. Swainsmith82

What do you mean

20. Karmandk

Ok so I had 3 lines at metro for 120 and with tmobile I have 3 lines for 90 bucks, and with twice the data. So after a month I would technically pay off my nexus with the money saved.

21. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert

After three lines T-Mobile gets cheaper than metro

22. Karmandk

Yes it's 50 for first 30 for second and 10 for any additional lines.

23. Swainsmith82

But you can take the Nexus to metro? Im getting an N4 off eBay and am looking to hook it up at metro..

24. SHOOTER403

SHOOTER403 Member

Everyone is getting a new phone. I'm so broke, even the Moto G is too expensive for me.

So, while every single person in the Motion forums leaves, I'll probably be the last and only one left here.

25. Karmandk

Yeah since the nexi are unlocked you can probably take them to any carrier except Verizon.

LG Motion 4G Forum

The LG Motion 4G release date was August 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2012
Release Date
Reviews