• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Goodbye Incredible (you can blame Verizon for it)

I'll step in here and comment.

All three prices you were told, were actually correct in a way. The $15 quoted was if you're on the $44.95 plan. If they quoted that for the $29.99 data plan, they were wrong. On the $29.99 plan it's normally $30. Right now there is however a fairly new promotion going on where you save $5 and it's only $25. So in a way, all the answers you received were correct, a few of them just either didn't know about the changes or you and them were not quite on the same page. No matter how you look at it with a data plan and tethering you're going to pay $59.99, which is the price for a broadband card. That's how it works. Right now with the special you save $5 on that.

Im on My Verizon right now, and I only have the 29.99 plan. However, im showing $15.00 with a $5.00 discount

Upvote 0
I have to agree with OP here, even though Verizon has better 3G coverage, T-Mobile has much better customer service. Too bad their coverage sucked so much.

If T-Mobile had to deal with the volume of calls that Verizon does, then their Customer Service would probably suck too, and it would also be outsourced. You are comparing apples and oranges there. Just my two cents though.

Upvote 0
Dear HTC Incredible

You are an awesome phone and have been a joy to use. However, considering that VZW has felt the need to give misleading information to somebody who is not yet a customer. You see, my hope was to use you as a tethering device as well, which I had been told is an extra $15 on top of the $29.99 data plan, which was a big reason I changed carriers to get you. However, when I call Customer Care, they give me a price of $25. Even further, when I call the sales number they quote $30 and get combative when I question the amount.

Since your service provider is not willing to honor it's own prices, I will be going to T-Mobile and re-establishing my service with them. While their 3G coverage may not be as expansive, their customer service is miles ahead.

Oh, and please see the attached screen captures of the conversations with the online sales chat representatives for additional detail.

Sincerely,
Chris

Ok BYE! Thank you come again.

Verizon + Incredible = The BEST :)

Upvote 0
who is vzw to tell me i cant watch youtube constantly, all day, everyday if i wanted to?
or use any other apps that are bandwidth hogs for that matter.
streaming gigs and gigs of data daily.

i also tether.
wont name my app, but its a good one.
[pdanet didnt work for me.]
Just so you know, Verizon is able to tell how you're using your data plan if you were to... get too data happy. They can't tell what you were doing exactly, but some things become apparent.

I agree that tethering can cause huge network problems. But numerous verizon managers and reps have suggested programs to download so I can tether for free. So it doesnt seem like they care much. Even if they did, its currently only 10 bucks a month to tether so its not even a big deal. I doubt 120 bucks a year is going to add more towers and help with congestion
Were they corporate VZN store managers? It doesn't sound like them at all. It does, however, sound more like VZN-affiliate stores. Those guys recommend rooting and the whole nine yards.

Upvote 0
I can't speak for the tethering part of the story but ETFs and Prorated bills are done by all the carriers. I think the only difference is that now most of them give about 10-30 days to return the phone before your contract kicks in.

Maybe I wasn't clear. The issue was I cancelled well within the trial period and they still charged me the ETF. They knew it was wrong but they did it anyway. Some folks would just pay it to avoid the hassle and assume that Verizon was correct.

Instead I called, they immediately reversed the ETF charge. Took them a while to understand the prorated minutes issue, but they switched it to charging me a whole month instead of extra minutes. Still, it was an hour arguing on the phone I didn't need when I was already unhappy with Verizon.

I just ported over to Verizon. Haven't had any issues with CS so far. I hope I don't. I'm fearing that first bill. Lots of potential for creative accounting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones