• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Goodbye Metro

Insanecrane

Android Enthusiast
Jan 31, 2011
Trenton,NJ
I left Metro today for AT&T. Metro's network was no longer able to suit my needs. I have had no issues with them that caused me to leave, in fact only the opposite. They have been good to me for 4 years.

I just needed a more reliable,faster network with a better phone selection AND newer phones more often.

I will and would still recommend Metro to anyone who would like a "budget" carrier with decent services. Imo they are the best one for that purpose.

we're gonna be getting the samsung galaxy s3 sometimes this year. we probably wont be getting the iphone 5, the galaxy note 2, or the razr maxx HD though.

metro is gonna be A LOT better all around next year but i understand not wanting to wait when you can afford to move up to one of the big boys.

Upvote 0
There is always flashing. Usually when Sprint or Verizon get a new smartphone, someone figures out how to flash it within months. I had the Evo on metropcs 2 months after Sprint got it, everything working minus 4g, but $40 unlimited it's unbeatable. Then the Thunderbolt and now Sprint's Samsung G2 E4G. So I wouldn't count out a better smartphone, as long as Sprint or Verizon get it...

Upvote 0
There is always flashing. Usually when Sprint or Verizon get a new smartphone, someone figures out how to flash it within months. I had the Evo on metropcs 2 months after Sprint got it, everything working minus 4g, but $40 unlimited it's unbeatable. Then the Thunderbolt and now Sprint's Samsung G2 E4G. So I wouldn't count out a better smartphone, as long as Sprint or Verizon get it...

not really worth it if you cant get data.

Upvote 0
You are able to receive data on flash smartphones. However not at 4g speeds. True, the speed isn't as fast, usually between 1mbps to 2mbps (sporadic but consistent in 3g area) download and about 512 kbps to 1mbps upload. Which I am able to watch netflix or YouTube. Also stream online radio without buffer. But with wifi practically everywhere, I have an app that automatically logs me automatically when near or in a wifi area. That in return saves me about $588 a year by avoiding a contract carrier.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones