1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General goodbye tbolt hello charge....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by baa269, Jun 21, 2011.

1. baa269

baa269 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 3, 2010
    well my charge should be here today... first thing todo.....??? ALTERED BEAST

Advertisement

2. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Android Expert
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    San Diego
    Welcome to the ex-TB new Charge group. I was getting so frustrated with the TB that at the end I actually hated the phone. The Charge is such a breath of fresh air, you won't regret your decision!

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice
    None

Nov 28, 2009
    Welcome to the Charge portion of the forums!

4. Halcyon

Halcyon Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 15, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Welcome fellow convert!

5. redraider1

None

Mar 15, 2011
    My charge should be in tomorrow I just wanted to throw my thunderbolt against a wall it ticked me off. Like I really wanted to like the phone and the speed is great but the TERRIBLE battery life and many bugs just made it a bad experience lol.

6. Jesson

Jesson Member
    None

Nov 25, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Congrats!!!!

7. Rominucka

Rominucka Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    It's hard to explain
    Delray Beach, FL
    baa269, welcome home.

Is it me, or is the Charge forum one of the more model friendly forums of the whole site?
    I'm feelin the love...

8. GunnerJim

GunnerJim Well-Known Member
    None

May 28, 2011
    Tech
    Washington State
    Heck, Not only is the Charge forum the most friendly, it appears that a lot of our Android extended family like to lurk here and see just what we have to say everyday.

Baa269 welcome to the family, I too have been eyeballing the Altered Beast or the GummyCharged ROMs they look SWEEEET. I really like the fact that the Samsung is open, changeable, and ROM-Friendly right out of the box. I am pulling close to 30MB down in Seattle and San Diego---> CONSISTENTLY and getting about 12 hours in the 4G/LTE areas. With the extended battery, getting almost 2 days with moderate usage. I am thinking about keeping the phone naked, no skin, because a new extended back cover is only $9.99.

So after adding Altered Beast, you may want to (because the phone is so light to begin with) add that extended battery and cover and you will be extremely impressed with the results. I would also get the Droid X side holster case to carry it at the ready.

9. carmendiva

carmendiva Android Expert
    None

Feb 11, 2010
    Female
    Intern, Model, Acting, Dancer
    New Yor
    This is a nice forum :) SO many helpful & lovely people.
    Unlike my time with the Eris last year lol

Enjoy your charge!

10. Halcyon

Halcyon Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 15, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    It actually reminds me alot of the Fascinate forums. People are super helpful over there as well.

11. Rominucka

Rominucka Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    It's hard to explain
    Delray Beach, FL
    I would like to say that I don't understand everybody's obsession with HTC and the TB's exterior design.
    Metal schmetal...the gray scheme is not very cool looking. It makes it look old.
    And the shape isn't so hot either. The same goes for the LG Rev.

12. carmendiva

carmendiva Android Expert
    None

Feb 11, 2010
    Female
    Intern, Model, Acting, Dancer
    New Yor
    Because it's sense lol everybody automatically loves a phone if it's either stock or sense lol

13. baa269

baa269 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 3, 2010
    Well I got my charge today but dumb Verizon told me they were sending a new one... Wrong.. got a cert like new no battery no.back no charger... But then a knock on the door its fed ex again.... This box had some continumum charging kit.. only battery and some little 2 ft micro to micro charger not even a real plug... No memory card... And still no back....Ggrrrrr my charge experience isn't great so far.... If this is what VZW is going to pull I'm going to just suck it up with my new tbolt I got out of them.

14. baa269

baa269 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 3, 2010
    anyone else who made switch did vzw send you brand new one or cert like new??

15. GunnerJim

None

May 28, 2011
    Tech
    Washington State
    That is a weird VZW scenario, you may want to call Customer Service and see what gives??? I truly believe VZW wants your money and satisfaction, the fact that the phone line-up is not as strong as it should be, means they usually bend over backwards to keep loyal customers happy, IME. If you did not order a certified like new, then you should get what you paid for a new Droid Charge in the cool Box with all the accessories. Note the Continuum and the DC have the same battery and extended battery as well as same micro usb charger.

16. baa269

baa269 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 3, 2010
    Apparently they are doing it as a warranty which is dumb so I apparently should have the battery and back to the pho e already.... The people I spoke,with today areplain f'ING ******ed... Did all VZW support get dumb overnight.... They all told me well sir if you don't gave them you need to purchase them at an additional charge.... F that... Guess my charge days are short lived can't wait til I get the VZW survey call again...... No one wants to sort out this issue so for now I'm stuck with a faulty rebooting. Data dropping, gps not locking on piece of shit tbolt....

17. GunnerJim

None

May 28, 2011
    Tech
    Washington State
    baa269, you can get them to fix this PITA. Talk to the supervisors on the phone, start with tech support, work up to tier 2 tech support, and ask for the supervisor. A jacked up phone without the proper accessories is not a right answer. There should be no living with the jacked up TB or the incomplete Droid Charge.

Regardless of the situation, your TB was not even a year old! I understand giving you a like new return, heck when I returned the first Droid Charge to VZW for a LG Revo then came back to the Droid Charge seeing that it truly was the superior device, I asked for the DC that I returned the week before. WHY??? Because I returned it with no problems. I just thought it was a wee bit laggy, but with time, I learned ways to deal with the lag, and dealing with the LG Revo battery drain issue, not being able to see the screen outdoors, the slower 4G/LTE speeds compared to the DC... So a few phone calls, the tech support and supervisors treated me well, waived the return fee, and the local store took the phone back even though they did not want to.

The original No-Problem, Like New Droid Charge, that I returned originally was sent off to be "Sanitary Cleaned" the next day, so I could not get that device back. So getting a like new does not always mean a reject that was fixed. It could be my old perfect phone. I have had good success with other "Factory Seconds, Returns, etc" because they usually run batteries of test that production models sometimes do not get (A percentage gets tested), hence lemons roll off the line...

Fight the good fight, do not give up, I have confidence VZW will fix this.

Kubla likes this.
  18. Kubla

Kubla Newbie
    None

May 1, 2010
    Construction Management
    California
    This is my first time on this thread as I'm getting the Charge tomorrow. I'm hoping I don't have any problems. I'm moving from the DINC and I thought out the difs between the Thunderbold, Incredible 2, and the Charge and it looks like the Charge is the one for now. I'll be back when I get my phone.

19. baa269

baa269 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 3, 2010
    Also I got another package today for the charge had a 1450 battery in it and back to phone still no charger though... Thought it came with a 1600 battery and still no memory card.

20. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow!
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    Male
    Yewwtah!
    They probably assume you would keep the Bolts memory card right? Both 32gb and the bolts already has all your data on it....and yes I believe the stock Charge battery is 1600mAh.

Anyways, I hope they get you fixed up. I have subscribed to this thread to see how it turns out for you. Good Luck!

GMB

21. baa269

baa269 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 3, 2010
    well after a few more phone calls today apparently they are sticking it to me.. said either buy the samsung memory card, battery (1600mah) or deal with the one they supplied(1450), and buy a charger from them.... and once i send this charge back i cant swap out to another phone and stuck with my lousy 14 times a day rebooting tbolt.... and crappy part is i cant keep the memory card or charger from the tbolt i have to return it or be charged out the butt by them because it would be an incomplete phone return... anyone have a higher up corporate number for vzw that i can put a call into i cant seem to find it anywhere.

22. baa269

baa269 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 3, 2010
    well anyone who came from a tbolt... did verizon send you a cert like new charge with no back, charger, battery, and memory card.. then send another package with samsung continuum spare battery charging kit, and back to the phone... or did they send a brand new charge... anyone whose switched please reply...

23. aileendq

aileendq Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    Female
    Boston, MA

AMEN. My Charge should be here tomorrow. Looking forward to *not* feeling dread when I pick up my phone!

24. baa269

baa269 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 3, 2010
    Anyone whose co.e from a tbolt did they send you a cert like new and an accessory pack it a brand new charge I just want fuel to add to robe fire when I call them.

25. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 26, 2010
    Male
    The Big Apple
    So, you did pick up the Charge? You know, your thread on the TB forum contributed to my decision to go with the Charge. That, and since I already had an Inspire on ATT. I'm pleased with it thus far. :)