• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Goodbye to my first Android Phone...

IOWA

Mr. Logic Pants
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago
(No real point to this story FYI)

Well, I'm clearing out some old stuff and I came across a lot of my old phones. I decided I could probably get a few bucks for each of these so I threw them up on ebay.

.. One of these is my Samsung Moment, my first Android phone. Yeah, I still have it (for now). I'm shipping it out today because it sold for a whole $41(gasp). After clearing out all the personal information from the phone (MDN settings etc) It was time for my final flash with my Samsung Moment. I remember constantly flashing different ROM's and kernels trying to eek every bit of performance out of this darn phone. Must have flashed the NAND close to 1000x. I can't say I've had the same flash experience with my latest devices..as their performance has been way beyond anything I thought I'd ever seen. Flashing these new phones has also gotten ridiculously easy, as easy is two clicks in ROM MANAGER even. The Samsung Moment seems like the last phone I'll ever have been able to tinker with outside of developing my own ROM's.

Well.. after the final ROM Flash (back to stock 2.1) it's bon voyage Samsung Moment. It might have been a PITA phone but it was my gateway to Android. Bittersweet day indeed!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones