• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Goodbye trusty Desire

StoneDeCroze

May 26, 2010
Well, that'll teach me to try and send text messages whilst ironing my shirt for work. Desire from 4 - 5 feet onto a hard laminate floor equals a non touch sensitive touch screen and dead WIFI. I did a partial strip down at work to check for loose connectors, but decided it was a good excuse to upgrade. I'm now have an HTC Sensation, so I'm staying loyal. I looked at the SGSII, but it doesn't feel as well made, it's too iPhone-a-like, and I just like HTC's. If I hadn't killed my Desire, I would have kept it. If Gingerbread didn't happen, or it didn't help with the memory issues, I would have rooted, or even tried another ROM.

One thing I'm already missing is the AMOLED screen, but the LCD screen on the Sensation seems to be pretty good.

Thanks to everyone in here for the useful tips and info, hopefully I'll see some of you in the Sensation forum.

aww :( R.I.P poor lil Desire..

but good choice on the upgrade...my friend, she upgraded to the SGSII and she loves it, but I can't fail to notice that there are quite a few apps on the Market that still seem to have issues with both the SGS and the SGSII, with sound or graphics etc...

So for me if I was upgrading I would go Sensation as well :D but I don't need/want to...my Desire is scratch free, memory issue free and runs like a Bat outta hell :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones