1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Goodbye, years and years of Windows Mobile. Hello, Android!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by vzwdts, Nov 9, 2009.

1. vzwdts

vzwdts Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Smartphone Junkie
    Albuquerque, NM
    [FONT=&quot]Hi, guys!

First off, I'm glad to have found such a welcoming smartphone community! I've been lurking for a few days and finally decided to join up. After being a hardcore Windows Mobile user for years, I've finally made the jump to a new platform. I was lucky enough to use one of the pre-production Sholes models a couple of months ago and after 10 minutes of playing with it, I knew I had to have one.

I was first introduced to the PDA experience back in 2000 when I picked up a Handspring Visor Prism. I eventually moved to a Kyocera 6035 smartphone and later on, a Treo 650. After exhausting all the usability of PalmOS, I moved onto my first Windows Mobile device, a Treo 700wx. I used the HELL out of that phone and I loved it.

My buddy had an HTC phone (at the time, an Apache) and I thought all the ROM building was awesome, so I moved to a Titan which began my long road into HTC hell. I went through the Titan, Vogue, Raphael and Rhodium before I finally decided to swear off EVER buying another Qualcomm-equipped HTC phone. I've been burned more times than I can count with crippled video drivers and subpar build quality. You should have seen my eyes light up the first time I used the Droid.

Anyhow, I got my Droid today and I'm psyched to begin modding it. Can't wait for the thing to get root!

Thanks for welcoming me to your community and I hope I can help out!

[/FONT]

Advertisement

2. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember

Oct 18, 2008
    Welcome to the forums! :)

3. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Welcome! :D