• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Goofy Time

fonefreak

Oct 25, 2010
North of the ecliptic
Strange situation started early this morning (about 5:30 am EDT). I pull my rooted GB DX (.602) out of my pocket and the widget time was off by about a half hour. So then I tried it with two different time/weather widgets. One is the time and weather widget from BeWeather and the other is the time and weather widget from Weather & Toggle widgets.

Now here's another one (possibly related?) After checking my various email accounts, then returning to the home screen, neither widget has the updated time. Same thing has happened when I played a couple hands of Klondike Solitaire. Same thing has happened when I used NewsRoom. Same thing has happened when I was on a ten-minute call.

All the while, the digital clock in the notification bar is displaying the correct time. And the system clock on the lock screen is also correct.

Yes, I've emailed both devs. Yes, I've done battery pulls. Yes, I've wiped data.

Am I looking at SBFing .602 all over again?

Ok, update: I put the Analog clock Android widget on the screen and then locked the screen. Unlocked the screen and the analog clock matches the notification bar clock while the BeWeather widget is off. Normally I wouldn't mind if they were freebies (I'd just delete them), but I paid for both of these apps.

Aaaarrrggggghhhh.

Just heard from Henrik at BeWeather. I emailed him back about all the situations (working in Office, playing games, making calls, etc and not updating). No response from the other dev. Guess who's getting my future business?

@scary - 'back to the future' was an interesting read!

LOL, I know, right? :)

I threw that out there in case you had recently changed locations (but you didn't explicitly mention that, so I really didn't put much stock in the tower stuff being the issue).

Good luck on fixing this issue.

Cheers!

btw, I just realized we probably should be in the support and troubleshooting sub-forum, so I'm going to move this thread there :).

Reactions: fonefreak
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones