1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Goofy Time

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fonefreak, Sep 15, 2011.

1. fonefreak

fonefreak Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 25, 2010
    North of the ecliptic
    Strange situation started early this morning (about 5:30 am EDT). I pull my rooted GB DX (.602) out of my pocket and the widget time was off by about a half hour. So then I tried it with two different time/weather widgets. One is the time and weather widget from BeWeather and the other is the time and weather widget from Weather & Toggle widgets.

Now here's another one (possibly related?) After checking my various email accounts, then returning to the home screen, neither widget has the updated time. Same thing has happened when I played a couple hands of Klondike Solitaire. Same thing has happened when I used NewsRoom. Same thing has happened when I was on a ten-minute call.

All the while, the digital clock in the notification bar is displaying the correct time. And the system clock on the lock screen is also correct.

Yes, I've emailed both devs. Yes, I've done battery pulls. Yes, I've wiped data.

Am I looking at SBFing .602 all over again?

Ok, update: I put the Analog clock Android widget on the screen and then locked the screen. Unlocked the screen and the analog clock matches the notification bar clock while the BeWeather widget is off. Normally I wouldn't mind if they were freebies (I'd just delete them), but I paid for both of these apps.

Aaaarrrggggghhhh.

Advertisement

2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    dev issue?

3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
  4. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Android Expert
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    Project Manager - SAS Construction
    Bremen, Georgia
    Its a dev issue... possibly with those specific apps... they may be reading the system files they need for time display incorrectly... wish we could help... least I don't know what to tell you... just email the devs and wait is your best option from my vantage point.

5. fonefreak

fonefreak Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 25, 2010
    North of the ecliptic
    Just heard from Henrik at BeWeather. I emailed him back about all the situations (working in Office, playing games, making calls, etc and not updating). No response from the other dev. Guess who's getting my future business?

@scary - 'back to the future' was an interesting read!

6. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    LOL, I know, right? :)

I threw that out there in case you had recently changed locations (but you didn't explicitly mention that, so I really didn't put much stock in the tower stuff being the issue).

Good luck on fixing this issue.

Cheers!

btw, I just realized we probably should be in the support and troubleshooting sub-forum, so I'm going to move this thread there :).

fonefreak likes this.