1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Google account domain pain

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by scotster, Jan 10, 2013.

1. scotster

scotster Lurker
    None

Dec 7, 2012
    I'm having an absolute nightmare trying to login to my google account. I have no idea what the problem is or what else to try.

Ok, here goes. I created a googlemail.com account a few years back, and it works fine. That was used all the time with my phones and it still is.

A year or so back I created another google account with my current email address, domain blueyonder.co.uk.

Today I uploaded some music to my google play account, in order to share with all things internet, and had some fun messing around with the music on my Note 10.1. Everything was rosey until I decided to have a play with my phone and noticed none of the music was available. It then clicked that I had only added the googlemail account and not the blueyonder one. When trying to add the blueyonder account I get the dreaded "username and password" doesn't match.

Now, I could understand if this was down to the domain... but for some reason it works fine on my galaxy note? I can view the play account via PC and via the note, everything is synced just fine and works perfectly.... it's just the phone that won't let me add the account.

Is there any solution to this? I was going to try removing the account from my tablet to see if I could re-add it (since there was an update at the beginning of the week) but I'm worried that I might not be able to add it again. In fact, I remember having a bit of a pain trying to add it in the first place but I can't remember how I got round it.

Anyway, enough of a rant from me... I'm sure you get the jist of my issue. Any help would be appreciated very much.

Cheers

Scott

Advertisement