1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Google Account from GAOSP to Galax0 1.6.3.4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by heavyharmony, Aug 19, 2010.

1. heavyharmony

heavyharmony Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Ottawa, ON
    So I tried GAOSP for a little while this past month. I noticed today there was a new Galax0 release. I like where GAOSP is going but it is a bit unstable for daily use, at least for me anyway. So I flashed the new Galax0 1.6.3.4 this morning. But when I try to sync my Google account I get a data error even though I am connected to wi-fi. I even checked the browser to see if a page would load and it worked fine.

Now I am reading that after syncing an account on Froyo it will not work with other builds!! Is this true? can anyone confirm this? I am hoping that this is just a easily solved software error and not an issue on the google account side. I would hate to loose my 400+ contacts... not to mention I can't even get onto Market!

Advertisement

2. Bomberman

Bomberman Well-Known Member

It's not true in my experience, I tried the Nightly builds and am now back on Galaxo without issue. Sorry I can't be any more use bar to suggest a wipe and try again.

3. heavyharmony

heavyharmony Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Ottawa, ON
    So you used the same google account on both ROMs? I guess I will keep trying to get it to work. Maybe it is an issue with my wi-fi

4. informale

informale Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Scotland
    I had no issues using the same account for Galaxo and GAOSP. Good luck!

5. Bomberman

Bomberman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've only got the one account I really use. I do find it takes a long time to log in and sync so perhaps you're timing out or something? Try it over 3g if you can I guess.

6. heavyharmony

heavyharmony Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Ottawa, ON
    Yeah so i rebooted and it works fine... wtf eh!