1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Account issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by majosc94, Jul 5, 2013.

1. majosc94

majosc94 Lurker

Hello,
    I just bought/activated a Samsung Galaxy Stellar a few days ago, have barely done anything with it, and I already have a major problem.

• Anything Google-related has stopped working: gmail, google talk, google+, etc. Youtube still works, fortunately, but I cannot log in.
    • The option to add a google account under [settings]-->[add account] is non-existant.
    • The worst part is, the google play store app has completely disappeared, so I cannot download any apps whatsoever. Even using a computer to install an app manually doesn't work, as it seems the device no longer responds to google's syncs.

The only possible lead I have is that the Touch stopped working, causing the phone to restart itself. Only then did I discover the Google havoc that had ensued.

Thanks,
    Matt

(Other potentially important information:
    I have only installed Twitter, Vine, Snapchat, Skype, Songza and Duolingo; no others.
    I have tried turning Sync on and off, to no avail.
    The google account worked perfectly up until this Touch incident.)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KE6ALV

KE6ALV Lurker

I'd suggest doing a factory reset, as that should fix the problem.

Samsung Galaxy Stellar Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Stellar release date was August 2012. Features and Specs include a 3MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, 2100mAh battery, and 4.0" inch screen.

August 2012
Release Date
Reviews