1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Google Account Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by patt1293, Aug 6, 2010.

1. patt1293

patt1293 Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Katy, TX
    Ok, so basically I have been searching for the perfect app for multiple mailboxes. Since that failed, I decided to remove one of my added Google accounts and just added it as a normal email. Well of course right after I did that, I found something that will do what I need. So I tried to add my account back and got this error "Can’t establish a reliable data connection to the server". Ok so I do some googling, and find out that the only way to fix it is doing a factory reset. So right before I do that I remember vaguely that there was some kind of post about that on one of the many android forums I visit. So fast forward 20 mins and I come here http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-x/141270-attention-running-android-2-1-big-read-me.html So now I am thinking to myself, you have got your self in a deep hole now. Has anyone had any experience with this problem. It's been replicated on many different occasions and I am about to call Verizon for a new phone because If I can't add my Google account back I am out a job.

Thanks to anyone that can help

Edit----
    Well since I NEED all my emails, I just went ahead and did a factory reset. If push comes to shove I will just pop into verizon in the morning and get a new phone if 3g is screwed

Edit #2 ---
    For anyone out there that is contemplating resetting their device. I can only offer once piece of advise. Use app brain, no more writing down all your apps :)

Advertisement