1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Google Acct not syncing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by seanpaune, May 27, 2010.

1. seanpaune

seanpaune New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Hey all.

Noticed yesterday that I wasn't getting any new Gmail. After about 12 hours of no syncs I went in and played with settings, turning the sync on-and-off, and it finally synced again.

Well, now it has gone 13 hours without a sync according to the settings, and nothing I do seems to make it want to sync.

Anyone have any suggestions? I am running 2.1, and sync has worked since the upgrade for at least a few days. I have installed no new apps, I did delete one (Engadget reader, so nothing important)

Advertisement

2. jwpilly

jwpilly Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    St. Louis
    Do you have both "Background data" and "Auto-sync" checked in your settings? Also, do see your Google account under "Manage Accounts"?

3. seanpaune

seanpaune New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Yes, "Background data" and "Auto-sync" are both checked, and my account is still listed.

I am finding one oddity: The official Twitter app was adding information to my contacts that I wasn't aware of and my contacts had swelled in size to over 40 MBs! Is this possibly a memory issue? (I have turned off the Twitter sync to contacts feature now)

4. seanpaune

seanpaune New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    It does look like it was the memory, folks. I cleared all data on contacts, turned off the Twitter app syncing data to it, reloaded the contacts, and the e-mail started coming in again.

Yeesh ... thanks, Twitter! I have over 3,000 followers on Twitter, it was just killing my device memory.

Tags: