1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Ad Ringbacks

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by reilus, Mar 14, 2012.

1. reilus

reilus Android Enthusiast

Any ideas on how we might block this?

<.>
    Internet search giant Google (GOOG) may seek to ring-up profits by replacing the standard ring tone most callers hear with paid advertisements.

While some mobile phone users customize their phones so callers hear music rather than a ringing sound while waiting for a person to pick up the phone, most do not.

Now companies are looking to make money off that "dead air" by replacing the ring with paid advertising.
    </>
    Ring Back Advertising May Be In The Future With Google Patent GOOG MSFT OK UL KFT ERIC - Investors.com

I'm sure you'll be able to pay 20 dollars a month for Google Pro so your friends do not have to listen to ads when they call you. You know what? I'll drop my phone service and just stop talkking to people if my social encounters are going to have ads in them. I'm sick of this "did you see the Deep Purple concert at the Staples Center". Ads, in my conversations! Now they want us to pay for ads on our phones? I already canceled cable because I'm done paying for ads.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. PRkid

PRkid Android Enthusiast

They won't be making money off of me, since I barely use the phone to talk on. But it will probably make you look bad if someone calls you for a job interview, and they hear a ad about Dominos Pizza (for example), instead of the normal ringing sound.

3. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

You dont have to do it IF they were too. You could opt out of it. If you read that everyone that DOES do it in return they got 40 free minutes, plus were unlimited :D

4. reilus

reilus Android Enthusiast

Lol, maybe they'll give you discounts on your rip off bill if you agree.

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews