1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Android Updates!

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box & Feedback' started by Google, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Google

Google Android Expert

What Google Android Updates do you want to see on Android Forums?

Let us know in the comments!

2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

Can we hear about the return of the FINGERPRINT scanner!!!! :)

Also can't wait to hear about the Pixel 4a

3. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Wait! Did Alphabet buy Android Forums. The Original Android Forums. :rolleyes: I wanted an :eek: emoji but not that one. Eek!

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

If I thought that posting here would mean that Google would read it I'd have one simple request: re-introduce the feature where touching the fingerprint scanner on a phone that's already unlocked keeps the screen awake.

This is such on obvious feature that when it wasn't on the original Pixel 2 firmware in 2017 it was proof to me that Google were stupid. Then on the second update they introduced it, showing that somebody in the company was capable of either thinking about usability or listening to customers. But when Android 10 came out they removed it...

Now I get that the Pixel 4 doesn't have a fingerprint scanner (one reason not to buy it - sorry, but true). But that is no reason to remove it from other devices: that just shows a disregard for users. So if anyone from Google were to read this (and I do not assume that a member with the username Google is anything to do with Google themselves) that would be a very simple usability fix to put this feature back.

NightAngel79 likes this.