1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Google app always running in the background

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Alex_Koren, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Alex_Koren

Alex_Koren Lurker
    None

Oct 7, 2017
    Hello guys,
    anybody knows why Google app always has to run in the background? Every time I clean RAM I can notice it in ongoing processes. Although I use this app a lot, I still want it to run only when I actually open it. Thx for answers!

Advertisement

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    Hiya!
    Do you speak of the app in which you referred to in your title,
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sagar.advancedgooglesearch

or some other Google app like the real Google app :
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox&hl=en

Either way, how are you exiting the app? With the "Home" button, or the "Back" key?

Some apps, depending on how they are written, and what permissions are granted, may run in the background. Killing/cleaning RAM in Android is pointless as any app will just restart again....the more ram, the better in Android. :)

3. Alex_Koren

Alex_Koren Lurker
    None

Oct 7, 2017
    Sorry, I'm talking about the real google app however it wasn't possible to choose it from the list. Well, the thing is that I try to make things clear in the apps I use since I wanna make my phone work as fast as possible and I see that the problem is always in the background running apps that eat my RAM. For killing the apps I go through settings➡power saving➡background power-intensive apps. I believe if Apple can make a phone with 2GB RAM that works perfectly fast all the time, there shouln't be a difference in 2GB RAM android. My question is why is this particular app the one that will always restart and run in the background? And btw I have one more question - if I for example force stop app like Gmail or Facebook, does that mean that I'll not get notifications from there?

4. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    If you force stop an app, it may misbehave. You really don't need to force stop an app unless it is acting weird.
    If you do indeed force stop it, it either will act funny, or just start up by itself if needed.
    Now, again, clearing ram is pointless....yes initially your device may run slightly quicker, but the ram will just build back up....the more ram used in Android the better. As opposed to Windows, the less ram, the better...(someone correct me if I'm wrong about the Windows ram bit :) )

Interesting, well written thread to check out about ram and such:
    http://androidforums.com/threads/pu...k-killers-ram-optimizers-and-the-like.896663/

Anyhoo, is the Google app causing an issue?

5. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Android Expert

May 30, 2011
    Whatever he said.
    Cambridgeshire, England
    It's because Google apps covers so many things. You might not realise that you used something that's classed as Google apps but you did. Did you ever get a gmail? There you go. There's more examples. Seriously though don't worry about RAM management on Android. It sorts itself out. Closing them usually just makes the system re-open them a few minutes later when it was needed ;)

Mikestony likes this.