1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google App Sync Not Updated?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by raywood, Jul 3, 2017.

1. raywood

raywood Lurker

In KitKat, I go into Settings > Accounts > Google > Gmail. Most items (e.g., Sync Chrome, Sync Contacts) say, "Tap to sync now. Sync is turned off." I've turned off auto-sync to reduce data and battery usage.

My question: when I tap on these items, shouldn't they display an indication of the last sync time? That's what Calendar does, in this list: "Last synced on 07/03/2017 5:18 PM." Why don't any of the others do that, when I tap on them?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. raywood

raywood Lurker

I think I have found my own answer. If I turn auto-sync on (at Settings > Data Usage > menu > uncheck Auto Sync Data), and then go into Settings > Accounts > Google > Gmail, I still see "Sync is turned off," but now I also see a checkbox allowing me to turn on individual items for syncing.

It seems I was getting a last-synced date and time for Calendar because it was the only one in the list with a checkbox. If I checked them all, and then turned off auto-sync, and then came back to this list of apps, I saw that all of them had last-synced notices, and those would be updated if I tapped again.