1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google apps cache?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gjjutzy, Feb 3, 2011.

1. gjjutzy

gjjutzy Lurker

Just started dabbling in root and in flashing new roms for my DINC. I have noticed that despite doing a full wipe of my user data, whenever I load a rom that has google apps attached, that some of my search history is transferred over to the new ROM. This only happens when I install the google apps with the ROM. This happens regardless of whether I use ROM manager or if I load directly from recovery. Interestingly, the search history does not transfer when I switch to a Sense ROM. Is there a cache that isn't affected by any of the wipe options that I am not aware of? Thanks for all the help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gjjutzy

gjjutzy Lurker

Just started dabbling in root and in flashing new roms for my DINC. I have noticed that despite doing a full wipe of my user data, whenever I load a rom that has google apps attached, that some of my search history is transferred over to the new ROM. This only happens when I install the google apps with the ROM. This happens regardless of whether I use ROM manager or if I load directly from recovery. Interestingly, the search history does not transfer when I switch to a Sense ROM. Is there a cache that isn't affected by any of the wipe options that I am not aware of? Thanks for all the help.
    Mods, please move my thread to the appropriate location if this is not it. Thanks.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews