1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Google Apps Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HTC Bencredible, Jan 12, 2012.

1. HTC Bencredible

None

Aug 11, 2010
    Akron, Ohio
    I just got CM7 up and running, but didn't elect to download the google apps at the same time:rolleyes:. When I go into ROM manager to download ROMs, I just get a pop-up that says to update ROM manager to the newest version, then it promtly force closes. I cant set-up any accounts through the exchange, and there is no Market. Where do I start to move past these seemingly trivial issues?

Advertisement

2. imp81318

imp81318 Newbie
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    Have you tried using your internet browser to go to the CyanogenMod7 website (CyanogenMod 7 for the HTC Incredible :: V7.1.0 (9 Oct 2011) - CyanogenMod Forum) and using the links there to download the zip files? That's what I did, but I don't have any problems with Rom Manager force closing. I also just switched to CM7 today at lunchtime.

I am having a related problem so I'll post it in here rather than start a new thread for it: I also did not download the google apps at the same time as CM7. I have since downloaded the zip file for the Google Apps, but I'm not sure how to install the apps from that zip file?

Nevermind on my question, I figured it out I think- just reboot into recovery using Rom Manager and install zip file from SD card.

3. HTC Bencredible

None

Aug 11, 2010
    Akron, Ohio
    Thank you, I figured it out a bit ago. I have never done any of this before, and I get a little freaked out when things don't work the way I think they are supposed to. On a side note, does anyone know how to add an applications button to the shortcut bar at the bottom of the screen?

4. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    Grad Student (Applied/Computational Math)
    Milwaukee, WI
    Assuming you're using the stock launcher in CM7, it's the middle bottom. That looks like a grid of boxes.